2017 CRF450R bike problem

On the last lap of my race last weekend (the weather was in the mid 90s with high humidity) my bike just died on a third gear, wide open straight. It felt and sounded like someone just put their thumb on the kill button. The bike wouldn’t restart, even after it cooled down. I tried to kick it over the next day and it wouldn’t start. This morning I pulled it out of the garage and washed it so I could take it apart to try to figure out what happened. Just for shits and giggles, I tried kicking it a few more times. After about the 3rd kick, it sounded like it wanted to fire. I kicked it a couple more times, and it fired right up and ran like nothing ever happened. Any idea what might have happened and what I can do to prevent it from happening again?
|
Paul_Pitzonka
7/4/2018 9:51am
Sounds like there’s an electrical connection issue possibly... I would go around checking the harness for pinched,broken wires.... if it does it again disconnect the kill switch for kicks just to make sure that’s not grounding out and shutting off the bike...
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
7/4/2018 11:19am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2018 11:20am
Yeah sounds like a connections is loose somewhere. Check all the ground wires are tight.
pete24
7/4/2018 2:14pm
i tipped over on my 18 and i rode it the rest of that day and two more times, the next time out same problem as you i found my kill switch jammed against my clutch perch, and it had just pinched the wire enough that it took a while for it to wear threw and ground out
i musta hit it with my knee when i fell over
Blackjack31
7/6/2018 12:53pm
I agree with the wiring comments but also you could have sucked some water into the air box. I don’t know if there was any water but I raced a GNCC a few months ago and it wasn’t muddy but I guess it sucked some trash in because it started skipping out real bad. I washed it and got back to ride a couple days later, acted like nothing ever happened. Called the guy who works on my bike and he said more then likely I either sucked a little water in my air box or dirt got in the tank when I went to pit and I sucked some of that in. my bike did not die like in your case but it sounds like your bike kind of bogged down.

The Shop

Mossy
7/20/2018 4:03pm
Imagine that happening while going up the face of a nice triple or massive double. Hmm...electronics trolling the mx community Laughing
D_Mash336
8/25/2018 3:52pm
On the last lap of my race last weekend (the weather was in the mid 90s with high humidity) my bike just died on a third...
On the last lap of my race last weekend (the weather was in the mid 90s with high humidity) my bike just died on a third gear, wide open straight. It felt and sounded like someone just put their thumb on the kill button. The bike wouldn’t restart, even after it cooled down. I tried to kick it over the next day and it wouldn’t start. This morning I pulled it out of the garage and washed it so I could take it apart to try to figure out what happened. Just for shits and giggles, I tried kicking it a few more times. After about the 3rd kick, it sounded like it wanted to fire. I kicked it a couple more times, and it fired right up and ran like nothing ever happened. Any idea what might have happened and what I can do to prevent it from happening again?
did you ever figure out what the issue was with your bike?

Post a reply to: 2017 CRF450R bike problem

The Latest