2017 CRF450R E Start Kit / Price

303MX
I've made inquiries with dealers and searched online (eBay) but am wondering if anyone has an insight on where to find the lowest price on a 2017 e start conversion kit.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
|
Paw Paw
8/22/2017 3:00pm
$584.00 at motosports.com

Paw Paw
rg478
8/22/2017 6:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2017 6:49pm
Just installed mine last week. Priced this out multiple ways. The most convenient is definitely the Motosport all in one kit but you'll pay a little more and get the heavier battery. Lowest price on the e-start kit was at Babbitt's. Think I paid $335 after discount. Wiring harness was $109.95 from Motosport. Surprisingly, best price on the WPS featherweight battery was Amazon @ $72 with 2 day prime shipping. The Kickstarter plug Motosport and RMATV had in stock, but Babbitt's said it was on national backorder for atleast 30 days, so find somebody that has it in stock before you order. Let me know if you have any other questions or need part #'s. I researched it pretty extensively before pulling the trigger as I've been out for 4 months recovering from ankle surgery.
303MX
8/23/2017 1:00am
rg478 wrote:
Just installed mine last week. Priced this out multiple ways. The most convenient is definitely the Motosport all in one kit but you'll pay a little...
Just installed mine last week. Priced this out multiple ways. The most convenient is definitely the Motosport all in one kit but you'll pay a little more and get the heavier battery. Lowest price on the e-start kit was at Babbitt's. Think I paid $335 after discount. Wiring harness was $109.95 from Motosport. Surprisingly, best price on the WPS featherweight battery was Amazon @ $72 with 2 day prime shipping. The Kickstarter plug Motosport and RMATV had in stock, but Babbitt's said it was on national backorder for atleast 30 days, so find somebody that has it in stock before you order. Let me know if you have any other questions or need part #'s. I researched it pretty extensively before pulling the trigger as I've been out for 4 months recovering from ankle surgery.
Thanks for the info guys.

RG478 - I had found Babbit's pricing was pretty low when I was researching earlier - but what discount are you referring to?

Thanks for the heads up on the plug. I got lucky and local dealer had one.
rg478
8/23/2017 7:47am
rg478 wrote:
Just installed mine last week. Priced this out multiple ways. The most convenient is definitely the Motosport all in one kit but you'll pay a little...
303MX wrote:
Thanks for the info guys. RG478 - I had found Babbit's pricing was pretty low when I was researching earlier - but what discount are you...

RG478 - I had found Babbit's pricing was pretty low when I was researching earlier - but what discount are you referring to?

I had the kit in my shopping cart for a few days and they sent me a coupon code (eddie12) for 12% off orders of $300+. Saved an additional $45!

The Shop

303MX
8/23/2017 12:47pm
rg478 wrote:
303MX wrote:
Thanks for the info guys. RG478 - I had found Babbit's pricing was pretty low when I was researching earlier - but what discount are you...

rg478 wrote:
I had the kit in my shopping cart for a few days and they sent me a coupon code (eddie12) for 12% off orders of $300+...
I had the kit in my shopping cart for a few days and they sent me a coupon code (eddie12) for 12% off orders of $300+. Saved an additional $45!
Thanks for all the help!

Did you do the install yourself? I thought I'd tackle that project myself, but the local dealer said he's done a few of them and it's a bitch.

rg478
8/23/2017 2:00pm
303MX wrote:

rg478 wrote:
I had the kit in my shopping cart for a few days and they sent me a coupon code (eddie12) for 12% off orders of $300+...
303MX wrote:
Thanks for all the help! Did you do the install yourself? I thought I'd tackle that project myself, but the local dealer said he's done a...
Thanks for all the help!

Did you do the install yourself? I thought I'd tackle that project myself, but the local dealer said he's done a few of them and it's a bitch.

I installed everything myself. It honestly wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Total time was roughly 6 hours, with over 3 of those hours messing around with the wiring harness and making sure everything was perfect, filling up the coolant and oil and putting everything back together. Cordless impact is your best friend on the tear down, goes so fast. The motion pro gear jammer was definitely worth the $12, it made pulling and reinstalling the primary drive and balancer gears a piece of cake. Honda has also published the full install instructions online that the dealer has access to. It all boils down to if you have an extra half day to kill and are decently mechanically inclined with some of the right tools.
303MX
8/23/2017 2:31pm
Thanks! I saw those instructions online and it didn't look too bad.

I'll get that gear jammer and take a run at it.

Did you run the OEM clutch perch? I've been using ARC perches and levers and want to splice the wires and not use the OEM perch.

tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
8/23/2017 2:46pm
303MX wrote:
Thanks! I saw those instructions online and it didn't look too bad. I'll get that gear jammer and take a run at it. Did you run...
Thanks! I saw those instructions online and it didn't look too bad.

I'll get that gear jammer and take a run at it.

Did you run the OEM clutch perch? I've been using ARC perches and levers and want to splice the wires and not use the OEM perch.

you don't have to splice, just connect the male/female connectors from the wire that goes to the perch into each other down at the red diagnostic connector. I did this as I am using a pro taper clutch perch.
303MX
8/23/2017 2:55pm
tmauto769 wrote:
you don't have to splice, just connect the male/female connectors from the wire that goes to the perch into each other down at the red diagnostic...
you don't have to splice, just connect the male/female connectors from the wire that goes to the perch into each other down at the red diagnostic connector. I did this as I am using a pro taper clutch perch.
Ah. Thanks!
rg478
8/23/2017 3:24pm
tmauto769 wrote:
you don't have to splice, just connect the male/female connectors from the wire that goes to the perch into each other down at the red diagnostic...
303MX wrote:
Ah. Thanks!
Yep I am running an ARC perch as well, if you do it that way then you don't even need to use the kill switch they give you with the kit. One less thing to swap out.

Post a reply to: 2017 CRF450R E Start Kit / Price

The Latest