2016 Husqvarna FC250 stalls out, help!

Hey guys, as the title says my 2016 Husqvarna FC250 wants to stall out at idle. It will start up, run great, and after approx 20 seconds or so it will stall. If I keep the throttle on and rev it, the bike will stay running, but as soon as I let off the gas it will stall again. I've tried turning up the idle, but still while idling very high it will stall out again. I just had the entire bike apart to rebuild the engine and have the frame re-powdercoated. I buffed down to the steel the areas that needed to be grounded, the main ground wire as well as the coil. I tried switching fuels, changing the small in-line fuel filter, but the bike still stalls out. I am out of ideas. It ran beautiful before stripping it down and rebuilding it.
Thanks,
Shaun
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
7/23/2017 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 5:51pm
The only thing I can think of is that some KTMs had a kinked fuel line inside the tank after the fuel pump. Do you know anyone who has the same bike or KTM and try their tank?

I've also heard of the spark plug connector tearing because it's a tight squeeze getting it in there. If it tears, could spark against the cylinder.

Also check all your electrical connections to make sure they are solid and make sure your kill switch is working correctly.
7/23/2017 8:08pm
The only thing I can think of is that some KTMs had a kinked fuel line inside the tank after the fuel pump. Do you know...
The only thing I can think of is that some KTMs had a kinked fuel line inside the tank after the fuel pump. Do you know anyone who has the same bike or KTM and try their tank?

I've also heard of the spark plug connector tearing because it's a tight squeeze getting it in there. If it tears, could spark against the cylinder.

Also check all your electrical connections to make sure they are solid and make sure your kill switch is working correctly.
You sir are my hero! I pulled the spark plug boot and surely enough there was a couple good cracks in there! Taped it up, tried it again and it ran perfect. The stalling issue is gone. Thank you SO much for your help.
swtwtwtw
7/23/2017 8:39pm
Nice info, thanks. So now my 17 fc250 just quit, 12000 rpm to 0 rpm during a race I was in today. Not fuel related, it turns over normally and no unusual sounds yet won't fire up? Suggestions?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
7/23/2017 9:48pm
The only thing I can think of is that some KTMs had a kinked fuel line inside the tank after the fuel pump. Do you know...

You sir are my hero! I pulled the spark plug boot and surely enough there was a couple good cracks in there! Taped it up, tried...
You sir are my hero! I pulled the spark plug boot and surely enough there was a couple good cracks in there! Taped it up, tried it again and it ran perfect. The stalling issue is gone. Thank you SO much for your help.
Awesome to hear! I'd replace that part to be safe ya know. When you still the new one do it as gents as you can. My engine builder reccomends me leaving it in until the engine is removed, same with installation.

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
7/23/2017 9:50pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Nice info, thanks. So now my 17 fc250 just quit, 12000 rpm to 0 rpm during a race I was in today. Not fuel related, it...
Nice info, thanks. So now my 17 fc250 just quit, 12000 rpm to 0 rpm during a race I was in today. Not fuel related, it turns over normally and no unusual sounds yet won't fire up? Suggestions?
You check the fuse?

Sounds like it must be some electronic issue if it flat out died like that?
7/24/2017 4:44am
Will do! I am ordering one asap this morning.
As for the 17, maybe a bad ground? I know another Husky rider had the same thing happen to his bike last year, and turns out one of the ground wires (one on the coil, and the main one) was actually just a little bit loose causing it not to fire up.
swtwtwtw
7/24/2017 10:19am
Well the fuse is good, but the fuel line looked different. I pushed both pieces together and it clicked into place. I have not touched that line since new 30 hrs ago. Battery is charging, so hopefully that was the problem.
Motofinne
7/24/2017 10:32am
swtwtwtw wrote:
Well the fuse is good, but the fuel line looked different. I pushed both pieces together and it clicked into place. I have not touched that...
Well the fuse is good, but the fuel line looked different. I pushed both pieces together and it clicked into place. I have not touched that line since new 30 hrs ago. Battery is charging, so hopefully that was the problem.
Have you changed the small fuel filter?
swtwtwtw
7/24/2017 12:45pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Well the fuse is good, but the fuel line looked different. I pushed both pieces together and it clicked into place. I have not touched that...
Motofinne wrote:
No, but I do use a slipstream filter that my gas passes thru when I fill the tank. Ya think it will still get dirty?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
7/24/2017 1:09pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
swtwtwtw wrote:
No, but I do use a slipstream filter that my gas passes thru when I fill the tank. Ya think it will still get dirty?
Doe your bike try and turn over or is it fully dead? The fuel filter will only effect it actually running.
swtwtwtw
7/24/2017 5:38pm
Good deal all. Problem was fuel line coming disconnected during the race. I checked the filter in the line , clean as a whistle. Battery charged fired right up.Smile
7/24/2017 8:50pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Good deal all. Problem was fuel line coming disconnected during the race. I checked the filter in the line , clean as a whistle. Battery charged...
Good deal all. Problem was fuel line coming disconnected during the race. I checked the filter in the line , clean as a whistle. Battery charged fired right up.Smile
Glad to hear it! That quick-connect can sometimes make itself a quick-disconnect haha.. Laughing
K-dubbb
7/25/2017 5:07am
How are you guys liking your bikes?

I am considering putting a deposit on a left over 16' this week!

Both of your problems I recognized from the Motocross Action Race Test....

Cheers.
7/25/2017 8:10am
K-dubbb wrote:
How are you guys liking your bikes? I am considering putting a deposit on a left over 16' this week! Both of your problems I recognized...
How are you guys liking your bikes?

I am considering putting a deposit on a left over 16' this week!

Both of your problems I recognized from the Motocross Action Race Test....

Cheers.
Love mine! Suspension stock on the 16 is absolutely awful. But it's since had the MX Tech system installed on the forks, which make a huge difference as they give you a lot more tunability. And the rear shock has the SDI bladder which also helps with plushness and traction. I've ridden a 17, and straight out of the box the AER48 forks are much better then the 4CS on the 16 and older models. Reliability wise I put on 92 hours to date, checked the valves at 60 and they were bang on, checked them again at 92 and they still have not moved at all. When I had it apart this last time, I put in a new piston, which might I add the ring gap on the new piston vs the old one were identical, meaning nothing really wore out at all in 92 hours which is very impressive for a 250f in my opinion. I'm definitely happy with my purchase!

swtwtwtw
7/25/2017 8:54pm
Yeah, I would go with a 17 unless you can pick up some 4cs. Off of an enduro model, those are fantastic. 36 hrs on mine, no engine tear downs yet. Fun fun bike.

Post a reply to: 2016 Husqvarna FC250 stalls out, help!

The Latest