2016 CRF450R Fuel Injector Not Spraying Fuel

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2021 3:27 PM

So here's my problem. The fuel injector on my bike isn't spraying fuel into the engine. It is not clogged and the injector works perfectly fine when direct voltage is applied. What's happening is the injector wiring harness connector plug isnt receiving any voltage when kicked down. The two fuel injector wires going down to the ecu plug has continuity and is fine.

The bike has good spark, fuel pump works as it should, and everything else electrical that I can see work's good. The ecu has just been replaced along with the rectifier. I was going to replace the capacitor, wiring Harness, and stator but want to get some advice on what to do next.

What could be causing the Fuel injector to not work and everything else to work? I'm lost so hopefully someone can help me.

|

9/28/2021 5:57 PM

Initial thought would be a possible crank position sensor/pulse coil issue...

|

9/28/2021 8:12 PM

If you start the bike with starting fluid, will it then run after that?

If so, likely the capacitor. The capacitor stores energy for the injector to fire until the bike is running.

|

Powerband in every gear !

10/17/2021 8:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2021 11:15 PM

It was the TPS sensor.

Edit: It may have not been entirely the tp sensor. It fixed the fuel not being sprayed into the engine, but now the issue is it won't start from the kickstarter. It will only bump start and it rides very good through all the gears but it will not idle in low rpms. Don't know what's next?

|

10/20/2021 11:16 PM

Bike is not completely fixed, read above edit.

|