2016 450sxf leaking oil

kwenske321

Has anyone else seen or had this issue of oil leaking from this plug? It's the plug that is not required to be removed for oil changes, and behind it is a spring and ball which regulate oil pressure. When I first noticed the leak the plug had some dirt built up around it. I cleaned the plug and replaced the washer. It continued to leak so I replaced the plug and the washer. A new plug and washer didn't fix the leak, so I took the bike back to Munn Racing this weekend. Munn Racing took it apart and inspected it and found no cracks or damage to the plug or the case halve and sanded the washer flat. Upon reassembly by the dealership it is still leaking. I am lost here, no damage to the case, new plug, new washers and still leaking oil.
|
12/21/2016 10:37am
You might try something like a sealant like 3BOND #3 that is thin and is used on cases that don't use gaskets. In a pinch you might try silicone seal also.
12/22/2016 7:17am
Maybe a ruined gasket not to be worried about but you should check both the seal of the bolt and the bolt itself if that continues to leak pray not to be worse .

Post a reply to: 2016 450sxf leaking oil

The Latest