2015 KX450F GET GP1 Evo issues - Worked on my 2014

281moto
Alright, let me give you guys the rundown....

I had a 2014 KX450F with the following mods:
Yoshimura RS4 Titanium Exhaust
GET GP1 EVO ECU
Twin Air Power Flow
Moto Tassinari Air4orce Intake Boot

I installed the ECU on that bike, set the TPS using the Maya tuning software, and the bike ran great. Loved it. Dan Truman gave me a killer map for it that worked even better.

Put the 14 back to stock, sold it, and snagged a low hour 2015. I tossed all my parts on and fired it up with the stock ECU. The bike ran, what I feel, lean. The header would get cherry red super fast and when revving it up on the stand it would pop on engine deceleration. This was all with the green coupler. Alright, it doesn't like the free flowing intake and exhaust on the stock mapping. That's understandable so let's throw the GET ecu on it and just fire it up as is.

Yea, it didn't like that either. Ok, so that mapping was designed around the 2014 engine and the 2015 has a higher compression ratio and slightly larger bore (very slightly). Let's set the TPS since the settings may have been slightly different from bike to bike to be safe. Nope. Still not happy. Doesn't even want to idle well. Idles alright if I crack the throttle but if I let off she slowly idles down getting slower and slower till it shuts off. Cherry red pipe as well.

So I decide to put the 2015 mapping from GET on the ECU (makes sense, right?) And I adjust the TPS values in the Maya software yet again..... same issue.

I tried adjusting the idle screw and nothing helps. It just isn't liking it.

Any suggestions? What little thing am I missing that's throwing this all off? It has to be something stupid, it always is.
|
5/31/2018 6:39am
I'd call Dan. He's good about returning calls. Might be something stupid like clogged injector from crappy gas.
281moto
6/5/2018 12:52pm
I'd call Dan. He's good about returning calls. Might be something stupid like clogged injector from crappy gas.
No idea what was the issue. In a nut shell, Dan told me to do exactly what I had already done and it worked this next time around. I must have missed a step. Runs just like my 2014 did.

Post a reply to: 2015 KX450F GET GP1 Evo issues - Worked on my 2014

The Latest