2014yz250f cutting out

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2018 10:18 AM

I have a 2014 yz250f and it will start up 1-2 kicks and runs great and then after I ride for a bit it will go from running great to sounding like it running out of gas and it will die. It will start back up after a minute or two and run good for like 2-3 minuets and then it keeps cutting out and dieing. Last night at practice it cut out as I was going up the lip of a jump. I landed on the back side of the landing. Ive used dielectric grease on all plugs and changed spark plug and it still does the same thing. Anyone have any idea let me know! Fuel pump is next on the list I think! Let me know what you guys think I should do!

|

5/30/2018 10:23 AM

Is the vent on your gas cap in good shape? Those stubby ones get plugged up

|

5/30/2018 10:25 AM

kb228 wrote:

Ya I blew through it fine. Ill make sure its good again though!

|

5/30/2018 11:08 AM

unplug the kill switch and try it

|

5/30/2018 11:22 AM

kb228 wrote:

yamahack22 wrote:

Both ways or just 1? Air needs to go from the cap down thru the tube. Not tube thru the cap.

|

5/30/2018 11:22 AM

pete24 wrote:

unplug the kill switch and try it

Okay I will try that and see what happens! Thanks for the help!

|

5/30/2018 11:27 AM

Tps was an issue on some.check it.

|

5/30/2018 11:32 AM

kb228 wrote:

Both ways or just 1? Air needs to go from the cap down thru the tube. Not tube thru the cap.

Good point I will try that! If that works all I need is a new cap right??

|

5/30/2018 11:33 AM

smx94 wrote:

Tps was an issue on some.check it.

I seen that TPS has been an issue! Whats the best way to check it??

|

5/30/2018 11:38 AM

yamahack22 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

yamahack22 wrote:

Kb228 I kept the cap up right like it is on the tank and when I blew through it, it let me blow through it for a second and then plugged and I could no longer blow through it..

|

5/30/2018 12:43 PM

kb228 wrote:

yamahack22 wrote:

yamahack22 wrote:

Kb228 I kept the cap up right like it is on the tank and when I blew through it, it let me blow through it for a second and then plugged and I could no longer blow through it..

Yeah theyre check valves. Fuel vapors can escape the tank, but once actual gas tries to escape, that valve closes. Air should be able to go from outside the tank to inside though. Make sense?

|

5/30/2018 12:46 PM

yamahack22 wrote:

yamahack22 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

Yeah theyre check valves. Fuel vapors can escape the tank, but once actual gas tries to escape, that valve closes. Air should be able to go from outside the tank to inside though. Make sense?

Easiest way to check is run the bike without that tube

|