2013 ktm 450XC-F No start

Paul_Pitzonka
i have a 2013 ktm 450 xc-f that will not start... i have spark.. i have compression, and the injector is pulsing fuel... no codes show up... i picked this bike up from a person who said it sat for two years and after that it wouldnt start... i replaced the inline filter, cleaned the injector on it and the throttle body... the guy before me moved the tps switch... but i believe i have it set to the correct value, but i may be wrong... he also opened up the air door a ton, so if anybody happens to know a base air gap on that since i cant set it by idle rpm that would be appreciated... i havent checked the fuel pressure coming from the pump to the injector yet, thats my next step, but if anybody happens to have the recommended pressure as well that would be great... bike also has a brand new battery so it doesnt have a low voltage issue...
|
Paw Paw 271
5/16/2018 2:54pm
Have you checked the valves?
Timing chain?
Fuel pump and filter?
Fresh fuel?
Some of these had a crimped fuel line from the pump right from the factory. It will deliver some fuel, but not enough.
There is a post on Vital about this with photos.
Have you tried starter fluid to see if it will fire up for a few seconds? If so, you still have a fuel delivery issue.
Spark plug?
Do you have a good bright Blue spark at the plug?
TPS setting should be about .5-.6 volts at idle.

Paw Paw
Paul_Pitzonka
5/16/2018 3:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2018 3:20pm
Have you checked the valves? Timing chain? Fuel pump and filter? Fresh fuel? Some of these had a crimped fuel line from the pump right from...
Have you checked the valves?
Timing chain?
Fuel pump and filter?
Fresh fuel?
Some of these had a crimped fuel line from the pump right from the factory. It will deliver some fuel, but not enough.
There is a post on Vital about this with photos.
Have you tried starter fluid to see if it will fire up for a few seconds? If so, you still have a fuel delivery issue.
Spark plug?
Do you have a good bright Blue spark at the plug?
TPS setting should be about .5-.6 volts at idle.

Paw Paw
i have checked all of the above except the fuel pump and internal fuel filter... i know its a fuel delivery issue for sure because yes i can get it fire for a few seconds on some wd-40... but it wont stay running.. you dont happen to know the correct fuel pressure for these do you??? and thanks for the tps info i had it set in the correct voltage range... im leaning towards fuel pump for sure because the injector pulse when attached to the bike opposed to the cleaning tool seams substantially weaker... will update with fuel pump pressures shortly
MX915
5/16/2018 3:57pm
I believe its in the neighborhood of 50 psi. Do you hear the pump priming when you hit the start button? Internal tank filter
could be gummed up after sitting that long, especially if it had ethanol.
Paul_Pitzonka
5/23/2018 5:46pm
It was the fuel pump did a test on it it only pushed 9 psi of pressure... bought a new one started instantly.

Post a reply to: 2013 ktm 450XC-F No start

The Latest