2013 crf450r clutch problem

Related:
Create New Tag

6/1/2019 4:04 PM

So I just installed a new Hinson clutch kit on my bike and I also have a magura hymec clutch also. Took it apart and put everything back together just as before but now the clutch won’t fully engage. So I pulled it all back apart and with the actuator arm hooked to the clutch itself, it won’t allow the pushrod to seat all the way like it’s suppose to. I can take the actuator arm apart from the clutch and it’ll fully seat but after pulling the clutch in and releasing it one time it’s back to doing the same thing and not allowing the clutch to fully engage. Any help would be much appreciated! I’ve take the thing apart several times now and clutch plate wise all that is the way it’s suppose to be. It seems like something is going on with the pushrod/actuator arm area

|

6/3/2019 6:26 PM

Figured out my problem, just ended up having to shim the hydraulic clutch.

|

7/10/2019 1:56 PM

I'm having the exact same problem!! - same bike, same year, magura clutch - just installed a tusk clutch kit.

I assume you put the shim behind the mount - how thick a shim did you use?

cheers,
J

|

7/10/2019 4:01 PM

jamie_mcintyre712 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem!! - same bike, same year, magura clutch - just installed a tusk clutch kit.

I assume you ...more

The shims go between the body of the clutch and where it mounts onto the case. I used all 3 of the shims that it come with.

|