2013 YZ250 Clutch

Hey guys what is some of the best aftermarket clutches for a 2013 yz250. Iโ€™m looking for a standard clutch (not automatic). Just wondering what people have had good luck with in these bikes! Thanks in advanced ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
|
Paul_Pitzonka
11/21/2020 10:26am
Best options are Oem Yamaha or Hinson... Ive run pro-x before Without issue... stay as far away from tusk as possible
11/21/2020 10:42am
I was thinking about running OEM, I mean itโ€™s a 2013 that has been raced, trail road, and not road easy. So I figured oe would be the way thanks guys ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
silver753
11/21/2020 12:02pm
I would say go with the Rekluse Torque Drive. It's a manual, not an auto. The reason why I would recommend that over the Hinson (2nd choice) is the amount of R&D that goes into those clutches. You get more plates (thinner) for more square inch surface area and longer life, and they give you stainless steel sleeves that go into the basket to help the feel and durability. No other clutch has this feature.

I'd say Hinson was the top clutch for years, and still is a nice clutch, but if you compare the clutches side by side, the Rekluse is quite a bit different than the Hinson, KG, Barnett, DP, EBC, ect. Little bit spendy, but awesome technology.

The Shop

11/21/2020 6:36pm
silver753 wrote:
I would say go with the Rekluse Torque Drive. It's a manual, not an auto. The reason why I would recommend that over the Hinson (2nd...
I would say go with the Rekluse Torque Drive. It's a manual, not an auto. The reason why I would recommend that over the Hinson (2nd choice) is the amount of R&D that goes into those clutches. You get more plates (thinner) for more square inch surface area and longer life, and they give you stainless steel sleeves that go into the basket to help the feel and durability. No other clutch has this feature.

I'd say Hinson was the top clutch for years, and still is a nice clutch, but if you compare the clutches side by side, the Rekluse is quite a bit different than the Hinson, KG, Barnett, DP, EBC, ect. Little bit spendy, but awesome technology.
Iโ€™m definitely having a tough time between the rekluse and the OEM
11/21/2020 8:21pm
I've had a rekluse in and it was ok, I have had really good luck with oe plates and a billet basket, just my preference.
Rider 5280
11/21/2020 9:10pm
I've had good luck with Wiseco forged baskets and Rekluse for the inner clutch hub/plates/pressure plate.

The forging process does seem to make an indestructible basket in my experience - so I really like the "buy it once" approach. I think they still have a lifetime warranty, too.

Post a reply to: 2013 YZ250 Clutch

The Latest