2013 Kawasaki KX450

Hi Guys,
need some advice.

my KX450 is still in real good condition so lately i've been thinking about ways to freshen her up - especially power wise.
Suspension is already setup and good so now looking for a little more pop. I've had this bike from new.

what could i expect to gain with:
PCircuit HighComp Piston
Hotcams stage 2
Stainless T6 or FMF - not sure whats best yet.

then also thinking about adding a vortex ignition to the mix or a good remap.
how much would that be worth you think in HP numbers?

any other suggestions welcome.
cheers

|
kb228
10/1/2018 6:50am
Ive got a 2009 kx450 with some of those mods.

CP Carillo HC piston - added power everywhere in the powercurve. 110 octane cam2 race gas really woke up this mod.

Pro Circuit Ti5 full pipe - came with the bike. Dont know how much power i gained from it. Maybe 1-2 hp?

Hotcams stage 1(intake and exhaust) - these made a pretty significant change in my bottom end power. Bike is a torque monster. Stage 2 cams will increase top end power. Probably what id do if i were to do cams again.

Tokyo Mods ecu remap - this was single handedly the most noticeable mod to my bike. It went from a mild build to HOLY F*CK.

I dont know how much HP all of this added to my bike. If i were guessing.. maybe 6-7? All i know is im 250lbs and my 450 will flip me on my ass no problems with like 1/3 throttle.
10/1/2018 7:43am
Thanks kb228, that sounds exactly what i'm looking for. How have you found reliability since adding the HC piston?
I tend to run 95octane Shell V Power only (South Africa) would i have issues with a 13:5:1 ratio at that octane in your opinion?

i could get race fuel but it is pricey to run all the time so would like to be able to run both ideally.
10/1/2018 9:55am
I have a set of stage 2 hotcams used for a couple (single digit) hours on my '15 that i can sell you. They are in perfect condition.

It dropped a touch off the bottom but turned the bike into a mid-top end monster. It helped me carry gears longer, smoothed out the low-mid power transition, and suited my riding style a bit better.
kb228
10/1/2018 11:16am
MinusHuman wrote:
Thanks kb228, that sounds exactly what i'm looking for. How have you found reliability since adding the HC piston? I tend to run 95octane Shell V...
Thanks kb228, that sounds exactly what i'm looking for. How have you found reliability since adding the HC piston?
I tend to run 95octane Shell V Power only (South Africa) would i have issues with a 13:5:1 ratio at that octane in your opinion?

i could get race fuel but it is pricey to run all the time so would like to be able to run both ideally.
I havent noticed any reliability issues with my hc piston. Ive had wiseco and cp carillo pistons in my bike. Comparing the two, the cp carillo looks to be much better built and more reliable. Im not sure about JE(pro circuit).

I can run pump gas or race gas in my bike with no issues. Race gas is what my ecu is mapped for and it really wakes up the bike. I run race gas because its in a pump 5 mins from my house. 95 should be okay.

Post a reply to: 2013 Kawasaki KX450

The Latest