2012 crf250r won't start

So I was at the track and rode for 2 1/2 hours was riding fine all day then I hit a jump and my bike started to bog as if it was running out of gas sorta so it shocked me and I rode back to my pick up well then it died and I started looking for any loose wires or anything I might have knocked off when I hit the jump (I came down sorta hard over jumped) well got the bike started and it sounded like crap it was boggin kinda sputtering and now I can't even get it started won't start at all I checked spark and it has spark please any help would be much appreciated I'm not sure if it's a timing issue or something to do with fuel?
|
Paw Paw
6/21/2017 5:43pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2017 5:46pm
Clogged fuel filter... or maybe the fuel pump came unplugged in the tank...or the fuel pump is going out.

Paw Paw
jaredkeller96
6/21/2017 10:31pm
I've had a lot of troubles with issues like this on my 11 crf 250 full mod bike. Had good spark. Good fuel pressure. But these bikes melt stators. Check TPS I've had one break. Also when my stator was bad the ohms checked out perfectly...it all started when my vortex was keeping it from running but my stock ecu would allow it to run then the stator finally went. Also get a oring kit for fuel pump. You can use a kxf fuel pump for more pressure too. If you wanna test if it's a fuel issue stick a blue shop rag in throttle body with subframe off and let the butterfly hold the rag then kick a few times and see how much fuel is on the rag
Bruneval
6/22/2017 7:44am
I've got a 2012 CRF250 and had a similar thing happen when the bike was relatively new. Went out for timed practice at the start of the day and the bike ran fine. Then tried to go out for my first race and it died after about 30 seconds. After lots of kicking, I managed to start it for a few seconds before it died and that was it for the day. Waste of time and money.

As above, it was the fuel filter. Replaced the teabag filter inside the tank and fitted one of those twin air pre-filter sock things that sit inside the tank and it has run like a champ and hasn't given me another problem since.

The Shop

6/22/2017 4:37pm
Thanks a lot guys it ended up being fuel pump I checked it and it it worked it just must have been clogged so I took the fuel pump out blow the filter and all the components out (I will be buying a new pump and/or filter) and stuck it back in after checking every wire and spark I could think of lol but now it starts and runs thanks a lot this is my first fuel injected bike and I was lost on what to do.. I really appreciate y'alls help!!!
6/22/2017 4:40pm
I've had a lot of troubles with issues like this on my 11 crf 250 full mod bike. Had good spark. Good fuel pressure. But these...
I've had a lot of troubles with issues like this on my 11 crf 250 full mod bike. Had good spark. Good fuel pressure. But these bikes melt stators. Check TPS I've had one break. Also when my stator was bad the ohms checked out perfectly...it all started when my vortex was keeping it from running but my stock ecu would allow it to run then the stator finally went. Also get a oring kit for fuel pump. You can use a kxf fuel pump for more pressure too. If you wanna test if it's a fuel issue stick a blue shop rag in throttle body with subframe off and let the butterfly hold the rag then kick a few times and see how much fuel is on the rag
I can use a Kxf fuel pump for my crf? Can I get more info cause i did notice it wouldn't spray any fluid out the throttle body and so that made me think fuel pump but it seems like it doesn't pump enough fuel like it should... but after cleaning and blowing out the fuel filter witch I plan on buying on in the next few days I just thought I'd try cleaning it and it starts and runs not sure on how long lol and oring kit?
6/22/2017 4:42pm
Can I also ask on where y'all ordered ur fuel filters and pumps? Every place I've looked ethier doesn't have them or are pretty expensive just wanna know on where y'all got yours and if stock or if they make aftermarket ones? If so are they better?
Paw Paw
6/22/2017 8:58pm
OEM is best, but there are others available. In Your case the filters are sold as a separate item and that is good as most bike only offer the pump and filter as a complete unit.
Let me suggest that you purchase a fuel tank sock for pre-filtering the fuel that goes into the fuel tank as you would not believe what trash comes out of under ground fuel storage tanks. You want to do everything you can do to keep trash from getting into your fuel system and thus increase the filter, pump and injector life.

Paw Paw

m1ke2001
6/23/2017 2:36pm
So I was at the track and rode for 2 1/2 hours was riding fine all day then I hit a jump and my bike started...
So I was at the track and rode for 2 1/2 hours was riding fine all day then I hit a jump and my bike started to bog as if it was running out of gas sorta so it shocked me and I rode back to my pick up well then it died and I started looking for any loose wires or anything I might have knocked off when I hit the jump (I came down sorta hard over jumped) well got the bike started and it sounded like crap it was boggin kinda sputtering and now I can't even get it started won't start at all I checked spark and it has spark please any help would be much appreciated I'm not sure if it's a timing issue or something to do with fuel?
yea you probably either knocked a fuel pump wire loose or maybe your fuel pump died.

Post a reply to: 2012 crf250r won't start

The Latest