2012 beta 520rs

jonboy688
Trying to help a friend out with his 2012 beta 520rs

Said it was running perfect and it ran out of gas. Filled it up and wouldn’t start back up, when it would start up it would run for a min or so and cut back off. He dropped it off and I done some research and removed the emission stuff off the bike from the beta pdf file. Still no change, could get it to run but would idle for a min and cut off. Or you could hold it part throttle and it would run about the same amount of time and cut off. So tonight I removed the carb and everything was spotless besides a small amount of trash in the bottom of the bowl in the big bolt hole to empty the bowl. Took all the jets out and blew them with compressed air and cleaned with carb cleaner. Reassembled the carb and same problem. Took forever to finally start and once it did, would only run for a min or so, so basically no change at all.

He seems to think it is the plug, I think it’s still fuel related. So the thing takes a special spark plug tool which he doesn’t have and I can’t find anywhere local, it is a socket that has a pin in the middle to hinge around the frame rail. But my thoughts are if it was the plug it wouldn’t start at all?

So I am thinking either the float needs to be reset or the petcock has trash in it not allowing enough fuel in the bowl. Or it could be loosing spark.
|

Post a reply to: 2012 beta 520rs

The Latest