2011 crf450r problems. at a complete loss

rsarno
ok so i completely rebuilt my engine over the winter. stroker crank hot cams stage one cam wiesco hi comp piston. ported and polished the head and every new electrical component on the bike. i also put a yoshimuria RS-4D full exhaust system on.and i run vp110 for fuel. my problem is when i set the tps to .5 volts like honda requires it will either die when i touch the throttle or back fire obnoxiously on decel. i get the bike running fine with the tps set at 1.08volts which sounds crazy. it was a little hard to start when hot if i stalled it or went down. i played with the tps and went up to 1.13 volts and it was a lot better. this past friday i had an mx race so i went through the bike lubing everything and so on and went to adjust my valves. they were way out on the loose side for some reason so i shimmed them up and put them into spec. went out for practice friday and the bike flamed out in the corner instantly and could not get it started. brought it back to the pits got it started and adjusted the tps back down to 1.08volts. the bike ran good until i went down because i was riding over my head trying to catch the leader (dumbass). couldn't get the bike started again until it cooled down. i have a GET power ecu in it but none of the remaps do anything for fuel adjustment. almost thinking about loosening up the valves again. any advice? should i send my stock ecu to Tokyo Mods and have it mapped? I'm past being frustrated with this bike. since the day i bought it it has always had a hard starting problem when it's hot. Someone please help. seriously thinking about going back to a carbuerated bike.
|
Paw Paw 271
7/23/2018 5:09am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2018 6:28am
. Get the TPS back to a setting of about .62 V. You are set way too rich. Makes it hard to start when hot.
2. Ultri sonic clean your injector. It may be leaking when closed and thus excess fuel is there when starting.
3. Reduce your fuel octane. Your octane is just too high and causes a slow and incomplete fuel burn.

Paw Paw
kb228
7/23/2018 7:29am
Just a random thought but did you make sure your butterfly valve was closed when you set your tps? Like you didnt have your throttle cable too tight or pinched?
rsarno
7/23/2018 9:17am
. Get the TPS back to a setting of about .62 V. You are set way too rich. Makes it hard to start when hot. 2...
. Get the TPS back to a setting of about .62 V. You are set way too rich. Makes it hard to start when hot.
2. Ultri sonic clean your injector. It may be leaking when closed and thus excess fuel is there when starting.
3. Reduce your fuel octane. Your octane is just too high and causes a slow and incomplete fuel burn.

Paw Paw
I figured 110 was to high but everyone kept telling me that’s what I needed to run. What should I lower it to?
rsarno
7/23/2018 9:19am
kb228 wrote:
Just a random thought but did you make sure your butterfly valve was closed when you set your tps? Like you didnt have your throttle cable...
Just a random thought but did you make sure your butterfly valve was closed when you set your tps? Like you didnt have your throttle cable too tight or pinched?
Yeah. I backed off the throttle cable at the handle bar before I set it. I have heard of that though

The Shop

Paw Paw 271
7/23/2018 10:11am
About 100 octane should be enough for your ride. 110 will just burn too slow and give you confusing jetting results and bad plug readings.
You may also want to look for an air leak in the intake system which would confuse the results of any TPS setting.
A leaking injector will also cause these issues.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: 2011 crf450r problems. at a complete loss

The Latest