2011 RMZ250 - forks rebuild

Edited Date/Time 9/3/2019 9:50pm
Hello,
I am looking for help with figuring out what kind of forks I got on this bike (I just bought it) and what parts to buy to get them rebuild (leaking lots of oil). There is a sticker on them saying “total control racing suspension SHOWA”. That’s it I can find anything else like size or model number. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
|
m21racing
9/3/2019 7:47am
They should be the showa twin chamber 47mm forks. Post up a pic in case something has been changed .
Paw Paw 271
9/3/2019 7:48am
They should be OEM forks for your year bike. You can look up the parts at OEM parts suppliers on line.

You will need...
Fork oil
Fork seals
Fork slider bushings
A service manual would also be strongly suggested.

Paw Paw
9/3/2019 7:08pm
Hey Guys, thank you for the feedback so far!
Attached are a couple of pictures of the bike and forks.
As you suggested I did some more research online and I believe I found the video to help me - https://youtu.be/gGX2TDcklwg . It talks about 49mm forks but the steps should be the same for the 47mm, correct? The questions I still have are:
1. What kind of fork oil I should get? - Bel Ray High Performance Fork Oil comes in 5W thru 30W, Maxima Racing Fork Fluid comes in 5W and 10W and so on. What should be the number in front of W?
2. What brand replacement oil seals and dust seals you recommend? Should I go with OEM or something else?
3. Since I don’t know the condition of the bushings I think I better get ready to replace those as well. What brand you guys recommend?
Thanks again!
Stan

colvin227
9/3/2019 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2019 9:49pm
Hey Guys, thank you for the feedback so far! Attached are a couple of pictures of the bike and forks. As you suggested I did some...
Hey Guys, thank you for the feedback so far!
Attached are a couple of pictures of the bike and forks.
As you suggested I did some more research online and I believe I found the video to help me - https://youtu.be/gGX2TDcklwg . It talks about 49mm forks but the steps should be the same for the 47mm, correct? The questions I still have are:
1. What kind of fork oil I should get? - Bel Ray High Performance Fork Oil comes in 5W thru 30W, Maxima Racing Fork Fluid comes in 5W and 10W and so on. What should be the number in front of W?
2. What brand replacement oil seals and dust seals you recommend? Should I go with OEM or something else?
3. Since I don’t know the condition of the bushings I think I better get ready to replace those as well. What brand you guys recommend?
Thanks again!
Stan

Yes, your procedures will be almost exact to the 49mm video. Following that will get the job done.

1- Maxima racing fork fluid 85/150 (5wt, blue label)
2- OEM or SKF. No other options are worth a crap
3- OEM is best

Post a reply to: 2011 RMZ250 - forks rebuild

The Latest