2009 Yz250 wheel upgrade

kyle-101
Ive recently purchased a set of SM pro platinum wheels and hubs for a 2009 Yz250 , Upon installing them ive noticed the wheel now has alot of side to side movement and if i place the axle through the hub whilst the wheel is removed the movement is noticable. Could there be a possibility the bearings are incorrect ? Or does anyone know if the front axle has changed size around this time for the Yz250?

|
adam8781
1/19/2021 4:59pm
front axle diameter is the same for yz250across the years

could be wrong bearings, wrong hub (14+ is bigger axle) but im not sure how sm pro does its hubs if its all the same hubs with different bearingd and spacers or its year specific. id get in touch with sm pro
Slosh 112
1/20/2021 4:17am
kyle-101 wrote:
Ive recently purchased a set of SM pro platinum wheels and hubs for a 2009 Yz250 , Upon installing them ive noticed the wheel now has...
Ive recently purchased a set of SM pro platinum wheels and hubs for a 2009 Yz250 , Upon installing them ive noticed the wheel now has alot of side to side movement and if i place the axle through the hub whilst the wheel is removed the movement is noticable. Could there be a possibility the bearings are incorrect ? Or does anyone know if the front axle has changed size around this time for the Yz250?

Should have zero movement. YZ and YZF hubs are the same but the YZF has a bigger diameter axle by a decent amount, do you have the original wheel sets? if so pop a seal out compare the bearings. I would get in touch with who supplied them. Where are you in Aus? east coast?
kyle-101
1/20/2021 10:35am
kyle-101 wrote:
Ive recently purchased a set of SM pro platinum wheels and hubs for a 2009 Yz250 , Upon installing them ive noticed the wheel now has...

Slosh 112 wrote:
Should have zero movement. YZ and YZF hubs are the same but the YZF has a bigger diameter axle by a decent amount, do you have...
Should have zero movement. YZ and YZF hubs are the same but the YZF has a bigger diameter axle by a decent amount, do you have the original wheel sets? if so pop a seal out compare the bearings. I would get in touch with who supplied them. Where are you in Aus? east coast?
Thanks, yer I’m based in Newcastle . I purchased them through Mx Store so I think they’re supplied by JT racing to them. I do have the original wheels still so I’ll definitely remove the old bearing and compare the two.
Slosh 112
1/22/2021 4:35am
kyle-101 wrote:
Thanks, yer I’m based in Newcastle . I purchased them through Mx Store so I think they’re supplied by JT racing to them. I do have...
Thanks, yer I’m based in Newcastle . I purchased them through Mx Store so I think they’re supplied by JT racing to them. I do have the original wheels still so I’ll definitely remove the old bearing and compare the two.
thats your best bet. JTR are good but i have been supplied the wrong stuff from time to time, they are always good about it tho.

Post a reply to: 2009 Yz250 wheel upgrade

The Latest