2009 YZ450F Electrical problem

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2018 3:58 PM

At first I thought i had a carb problem,, my experience with these bikes is the stator goes out, so I replaced with a Ricky stator .. still have a problem. today it ran great, until it got hot..It stopped dead.. after it cooled down it started right up... I'm thinking the plug cap... anyone?

|

" If I spent as much time as you guys do, tapping away at your semen stained keyboards... I would have all the answers too!

1/1/2018 5:21 PM

I would do an OHMs test on the coil. If the primary reading is too low it will break down when hot and will not create the spark needed for the plug. Also the plug cap can break down under heat as well, as the stator.

Paw Paw

|

1/2/2018 6:16 AM

did you test the oem stator first? or did you just throw in a new one, was the one you took out original yamaha?

|

1/2/2018 4:18 PM

ya, it was OEM.. I wanted a light anyways..

|

" If I spent as much time as you guys do, tapping away at your semen stained keyboards... I would have all the answers too!

1/3/2018 6:57 AM

well you have the same problem, so what you changed ddint work id save that oem one for when the afti one dies which it will, how did you test it? there are yamaha service manuels online on yamahas site that have the test procedure in them

|