2009 KX250F random shut off on landing

Paul_Pitzonka
having a bit of a weird issue with my 09 kx250f... was at a race last weekend landed a jump and the bike shut off... so I got the bike started again went another full lap... same jump landed bike kills itself again... was running great... both before and after it died still starts up no problem haven’t had the time to look into it yet was hoping maybe someone has an idea of where i could start... I’m leaning towards the side of electrical component failure? Any input would be appreciated
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
5/1/2018 10:11pm
Sounds electrical to me as well. I’d just check ever electrical connection on the bike. Looked for anything loose or breaking.
kb228
5/2/2018 3:24am
Id look to see if the TPS is hitting the frame. Other than that make sure the kill switch isnt getting pinched on the tank or something. Check your ground bolt too. Needs to be a clean contact point. If all thats good im not sure. Im trying to think of things on mine that would cause that.
3D
5/2/2018 4:33am
My friend had the same issue with the same bike. It was his kill switch. It was the button itself even though it looked fine.
Paul_Pitzonka
5/2/2018 9:40am
I found it... there was a broken connection at the main harness plug to the stator... I just let the bike run on a stand and I could kill it by shaking the harness... un taped it and wouldn’t you know it one wire leading into the connector was half worn through...

The Shop

3D
5/3/2018 9:15am
I found it... there was a broken connection at the main harness plug to the stator... I just let the bike run on a stand and...
I found it... there was a broken connection at the main harness plug to the stator... I just let the bike run on a stand and I could kill it by shaking the harness... un taped it and wouldn’t you know it one wire leading into the connector was half worn through...
Great find!

Post a reply to: 2009 KX250F random shut off on landing

The Latest