2008 crf250r valves

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2017 6:23 PM

Hey guys i have a quetion if my valves are out of spec and i just want to replace them with new instead of reshimming what size shim do i use if i put new valves and springs in it thats my question thanks guys

|

12/30/2017 6:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2017 7:06 PM

Much ty
Spoof

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

12/30/2017 7:01 PM

There is more to it than just replacing the valves. The seats will most cases need to be cut, new valve seals installed, valve guides checked and etc. The shim size will have to be determined after you have the valve work completed.

Paw Paw

|

12/30/2017 7:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2017 7:12 PM

Right i understand that i know i have to do all that my quetion is how do you determine the new shim size after you replace everything to new and cut the seats im new to the 4 stroke world every little bit of advice would help

|

12/30/2017 7:22 PM

So, the never ending circle begins.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

12/31/2017 6:03 AM

What, you didn't go for that sweet '09 yz 250f?

|

12/31/2017 6:13 AM

Slipdog ive never owned a 4 stroke ive been a 2 stroke person and wanted to get a 4 stroke to see how they were so i looked around and like a kid in a candy store i jumped on the first bike i saw and didnt have a clue about them or what to look for i should have done a little research on them put im paying the price for it now i know alot more now im just trying to learn as i go now. But i do own a 2004 yz450f and the thing rips

|

12/31/2017 6:28 AM

sean26x wrote:

Right i understand that i know i have to do all that my quetion is how do you determine the new shim size after you replace everything to new and cut the seats im new to the 4 stroke world every little bit of advice would help

Your service manual will fully explain the procedure. This can be done on a work bench as well as on the engine. A lot of shops will include this in their fee to rebuild the head.

Paw Paw

|

12/31/2017 7:32 AM

sean26x wrote:

Slipdog ive never owned a 4 stroke ive been a 2 stroke person and wanted to get a 4 stroke to see how they were so i looked around and like a kid in a candy store i jumped on the first bike i saw and didnt have a clue about them or what to look for i should have done a little research on them put im paying the price for it now i know alot more now im just trying to learn as i go now. But i do own a 2004 yz450f and the thing rips

It would be a matter of checking clearances AFTER everything is checked/replaced and then determining the proper shim. Same way the factory does it and you would do it if you were checking and reshimming valves.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.