2008 CRF150R Cold Starting Problems

m1ke20012
1/1/2019 6:26am
Hi, I have a 2008 crf150r that doesnt like to start easily while cold. It takes many kicks and will try to fire but will sometimes do that thing where when you hit the gas to start it, it immediately kills it. Once hot its a first kick bike but cold its the biggest pain, I already shimmed the valves and fixed the accel pump with the o ring mod and free'd up the shaft pushing down on the diaphram, it was getting stuck and not returning. Any ideas? The bike is also rejetted from previous owner as well. specs: main: 138 pilot: 68 leak: 58 the pilot jet is kinda questionable as it doesnt look like the ones in the pictures but I could be wrong.
|
kb228
1/1/2019 7:04am
Start with these.

1. Are you using a choke? If not you should be.

2. Just because your valve clearance is right doesnt mean your valves are in good shape. They may need replaced and your seats recut.

3. Check your valve timing. If your cam chain is stretched it will throw off the timing. The marks to time the motor should be EXACLTY where the manual says they should be. If theyre off youre not time right
m1ke20012
1/1/2019 8:36am
kb228 wrote:
Start with these. 1. Are you using a choke? If not you should be. 2. Just because your valve clearance is right doesnt mean your valves...
Start with these.

1. Are you using a choke? If not you should be.

2. Just because your valve clearance is right doesnt mean your valves are in good shape. They may need replaced and your seats recut.

3. Check your valve timing. If your cam chain is stretched it will throw off the timing. The marks to time the motor should be EXACLTY where the manual says they should be. If theyre off youre not time right
I think I found the problem, I think the intake valves are to tight. I only had shimmed the exhaust ones.
1/1/2019 9:19am
I had one and used it for HH for 18 months. It had a DRB float bowl fitted and always need a bit of throttle when starting, almost like a 2 stroke. Once warm it would kick with no throttle very easily.

Post a reply to: 2008 CRF150R Cold Starting Problems

The Latest