2007 KX250F hose in the way...What is it?

Edited Date/Time 5/25/2018 8:34am
Recently got back into riding after a 10 year hiatus from it. Found an 07 KX250F for a good price. Been learning to wrench a little bit too so it's been a lot of googling and trial/error.

Noticed the bike was backfiring a lot on deceleration. Search results told me it could be the valves (got them checked and adjusted by a local shop) or exhaust leak (DID have an exhaust leak - got it fixed at the same time as the valve adjustment) or too rich/lean air/fuel mixture. Bought one of those handy, flashy thumb adjusters and installed it last night. Noticed that a cable (tube?) may not be run properly and is pushing against it. It's the one in the attached photo with mesh wrap that runs over the carb and back down below it. Would love to know if it's safe to reroute that cable around the backside of the carb and what it is at all.

Thanks!
|
kb228
5/25/2018 3:29am
X2 case vent. I have my vent ran back towards the shock instead of how yours is shown.

On my kx250f, i back out that fuel screw when i hear popping and it fixes it.
5/25/2018 8:09am
Thanks for the response guys. Going to try moving it out of the way like yours is kb228. From my understanding, there shouldn't be anything in this hose right? I should be good to go ahead and unplug it without turning off/draining anything?
5/25/2018 8:34am
mxracer372 wrote:
Thanks for the response guys. Going to try moving it out of the way like yours is kb228. From my understanding, there shouldn't be anything in...
Thanks for the response guys. Going to try moving it out of the way like yours is kb228. From my understanding, there shouldn't be anything in this hose right? I should be good to go ahead and unplug it without turning off/draining anything?
You can unplug it for troubleshooting, but put it or another hose back on and reroute it after.

Post a reply to: 2007 KX250F hose in the way...What is it?

The Latest