2006 Yz125 summer jetting problems

Rohr144
Edited Date/Time 5/24/2018 2:12pm
My 06 yz125 had stock jetting and would always run perfect in 50-70 degrees with low humidity. Once it gets above that in temp, it seems to be rich. It would run pretty well, but the silencer would always be wet with oil on the inside and the power valve breather hose would leak unburnt oil, which is telling me it's running rich. Also the bike will slowly climb rpm. For example, if I shift down to second and crack the throttle, it'll just slowly climb, but once it hits main jet, it's fine. Which leads me to believe I possibly need the 1/2 leaner needle, or just go up one position on the clip? Here are the adjustments I've made so far, the stock setting will be in "()"

Pilot jet = 35 (40)
Air screw =1.75 (2.25)
Needle and needle clip position=stock
Main jet = stock

Type of riding = mx. Novice class
25/75 c12/93 pump gas with maxima k2 at 32:1.
Elevation is around 1000 feet
Today is 87 degrees with 53% humidity.

I thought the leaner pilot jet would clean it up a bit, but the bike still runs rich. The top end has 10 hours on it, so it's still good. Just repacked the silencer and it's already wet with oil on the inside, just from maybe 45 total minutes of riding. Any advice would help, especially from any Yz125 owners. I don't have the most experience with jetting.
|
ktm-5
5/24/2018 2:10pm
Well never owned a yz but I'd say drop your needle/raise your clip, if your not wfo u could drop your main one size and that may help your half a needle position. Also if you know how to test your pilot jet I'd do that, turn idle up a tad then turn air/fuel screw in all the way, then when it idles down turn screw out 1/4 turn at a time wait 10 sec then adjust again until you reach maximum rpm idle. That's what they call the sweet spot, then readjust idle back to normal
Rohr144
5/24/2018 2:11pm
Forgot to add that I have Vforce 3 reeds, stock pipe with pro circuit silencer. Also, I run a br9eix plug and here's what it looked like after just 45 minutes. Sorry for the bad pictures.
Rohr144
5/24/2018 2:12pm
ktm-5 wrote:
Well never owned a yz but I'd say drop your needle/raise your clip, if your not wfo u could drop your main one size and that...
Well never owned a yz but I'd say drop your needle/raise your clip, if your not wfo u could drop your main one size and that may help your half a needle position. Also if you know how to test your pilot jet I'd do that, turn idle up a tad then turn air/fuel screw in all the way, then when it idles down turn screw out 1/4 turn at a time wait 10 sec then adjust again until you reach maximum rpm idle. That's what they call the sweet spot, then readjust idle back to normal
I'll give that a try. Thanks

Post a reply to: 2006 Yz125 summer jetting problems

The Latest