2006 RM250 Kill Switch Routing

Edited Date/Time 11/15/2018 8:38pm
Hey everyone, I picked up a 2006 RM250 and the bike did not have a kill switch on it. I picked up a replacement from BTO but I am struggling to figure out where it is routed based on the parts diagram and the manual.

Any of you with these bikes if you can snap a photo of your routing I would appreciate it.
|
11/7/2018 4:15pm
Hey everyone, I picked up a 2006 RM250 and the bike did not have a kill switch on it. I picked up a replacement from BTO...
Hey everyone, I picked up a 2006 RM250 and the bike did not have a kill switch on it. I picked up a replacement from BTO but I am struggling to figure out where it is routed based on the parts diagram and the manual.

Any of you with these bikes if you can snap a photo of your routing I would appreciate it.
I can get a picture for you tomorrow
11/9/2018 8:00pm
Just bumping this to see if anyone can help me where I'm supposed to wire this into.

beamer
11/11/2018 9:35am

Not certain if you meant the routing, or what it plugs into. Here is my '08 the grey plug ties right into the wiring harness basically right above the carb. Definitely a different end on yours, might come down to installing a new waterproof connector ( deutsch, etc) to match on both ends. Other than that the OEM part would come with the proper connection I would assume as opposed to the BTO piece.

The Shop

11/13/2018 12:31pm
That does help as now I know I need to find an empty plug. Correct the switch I bought is just wires so I was planning on stripping and splicing the wires that I found to the switch.
11/15/2018 8:38pm
After unwrapping almost an entire roll of electrical tape, I was able to find the clipped wires where the kill switch used to be. Now my question is, since I have the loom unwrapped, do I have to connect the wires all the way back at the carb like they were designed, or can I just run these wires from the cdi right to the kill switch?

Post a reply to: 2006 RM250 Kill Switch Routing

The Latest