2005 kx 125 rims

Related:
Create New Tag

12/7/2018 10:10 PM

Hi, i'm having a hard time finding a set of rims for my 2005 kx 125. All the SM pro and excel rims seem to be listed for 4 strokes. Does anyone know if other years will swap out and are the 2005 kx 125's exactly the same as the 2008 125's?

|

I am currently building a 1993 cr250 and turning it into a 96 McGrath replica. I'm not doing a spot on replica but very similar. For ex. I have red radiator hoses, oe clutch n ignition covers and just a few other parts that are different. I'm having a big issue with the fork upgrade. I purchased a very tidy set of 96 cr250 forks and even though I've seen a few threads talking about fork swaps, I am still very unsure of how to do the swap. If anyone can give me detailed information in parts I need and what to do, It would be very much appreciated. I don't really want to shim the forks either as I've heard it is unsafe and it sounds dodgy.

Thanks

12/8/2018 12:07 AM

Wheels from a 13-15 KXF bolt right on.

|

12/8/2018 12:11 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

You are an absolute legend. Thanks bud.

|

I am currently building a 1993 cr250 and turning it into a 96 McGrath replica. I'm not doing a spot on replica but very similar. For ex. I have red radiator hoses, oe clutch n ignition covers and just a few other parts that are different. I'm having a big issue with the fork upgrade. I purchased a very tidy set of 96 cr250 forks and even though I've seen a few threads talking about fork swaps, I am still very unsure of how to do the swap. If anyone can give me detailed information in parts I need and what to do, It would be very much appreciated. I don't really want to shim the forks either as I've heard it is unsafe and it sounds dodgy.

Thanks

12/8/2018 12:13 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Does that include the hubs? If I was to buy the complete sm pro wheel setup?

|

Thanks

12/8/2018 12:19 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

HEADY86 wrote:

Yes. Here's a picture of my '04 KX125 and my '15 KX450f with the same exact wheelset. I'm even running the stock 270mm rotor off my '15 KX450 on my 125 with a '15 KX450 front master cylinder, brake line, caliper and caliper hanger.

Photo

Photo

|

12/8/2018 12:30 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

HEADY86 wrote:

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Yes. Here's a picture of my '04 KX125 and my '15 KX450f with the same exact wheelset. I'm even running the stock 270mm rotor ...more

Wow, your 450 is sick. Oh ok cool, thanks so much Bryan. This has been doing my head in.

|

Thanks