2004 rm125 transmission in an 07’ motor

Arln.rm125
Hey guys was looking at buying a spare transmission for my 07’ rm125 as it’s my main seat time bike and I know the rm’s have transmission issues. I had found an entire spare 04’ transmission taken off a running bike for 300 bucks, would the 04’ trans work in my 07’ motor? And is that a good price for a spare transmission? What should I ask/look at to ensure it’s still in runnable spec? Thanks for any responses, quite new back into the sport and still learning.
|
beamer
9/28/2021 7:57am
Good chance that they are probably the same. Look at online parts schematic at RMATV or Partzilla and compare part numbers.

Other than that, look for pictures of the gear dogs to see what condition they are in. Shiny and/or rounded dogs and you may not be looking to replace gears. Tom Morgan has mentioned that he can repair gear dogs so having some spares on a discontinued bike might not be a bad idea.

Price seems reasonable if you look at individual component pricing.
Arln.rm125
9/28/2021 8:20am
beamer wrote:
Good chance that they are probably the same. Look at online parts schematic at RMATV or Partzilla and compare part numbers. Other than that, look for...
Good chance that they are probably the same. Look at online parts schematic at RMATV or Partzilla and compare part numbers.

Other than that, look for pictures of the gear dogs to see what condition they are in. Shiny and/or rounded dogs and you may not be looking to replace gears. Tom Morgan has mentioned that he can repair gear dogs so having some spares on a discontinued bike might not be a bad idea.

Price seems reasonable if you look at individual component pricing.
Appreciate the response, thanks for letting me know about Tom repairing dog gears. If the spare transmission is in good shape I’ll buy it just to have spares.

Post a reply to: 2004 rm125 transmission in an 07’ motor

The Latest