2004 cr125 tps plastic connector teeth worn and bike rebuild

Edited Date/Time 8/4/2021 11:15am
Service Honda parts web, states 2004 sensor throttle part # 16060-ksr-672 is not available. 2007 cr125 part # 16060-ksr-732 is available for 91.62. The 07 part should work correct ? It is the same carb as long as the wire connector is the same. Any ideas on rigging the old one to work. Thx
|
5/23/2021 9:27am
Cylinder has been replated, ports are chamfered. The head looks good, but hv slimy antifreeze coating, why ? It rubs off easy. Power valves are coated thick with carbon . Pv parts and head is soaking in parts cleaner. I hit 5 stores b4 I found a gallon parts cleaner with a basket inside.

5/23/2021 9:48am
Cleaned carb and polished it, free power. Soaked hoses in a bathtub in mr clean and dawn. Stock Jet needle was bent, had a matching spare replaced. Changed pilot from a 45 to a 37.5 air screw 2 out. Main jet is 380, seems lean for a stock engine . My mod 04 ran a 380. Reeds are pro series I think, small chip in the corner. I couldn’t find my other stock 04 Reed block. A 06 I found doesn’t fit.

5/25/2021 10:11am
Service Honda parts web, states 2004 sensor throttle part # 16060-ksr-672 is not available. 2007 cr125 part # 16060-ksr-732 is available for 91.62. The 07 part...
Service Honda parts web, states 2004 sensor throttle part # 16060-ksr-672 is not available. 2007 cr125 part # 16060-ksr-732 is available for 91.62. The 07 part should work correct ? It is the same carb as long as the wire connector is the same. Any ideas on rigging the old one to work. Thx
Any ideas on repairing the tps teeth ? Why is there all this additional stamping on the rear bottom of the cylinder and on the right side ? Thx

5/25/2021 4:28pm
I ordered a new tps sensor throttle 91.62, for a 07 cr125 , 04-07 same carb. And a 07 rubber air boot only 26.37and seal, YZ 4.25 slide that’s the only performance related parts. The rest are bolts , washers, rubber grommets,etc 800.00 bucks and that’s with 30% off

The Shop

5/26/2021 10:23pm
Service Honda parts web, states 2004 sensor throttle part # 16060-ksr-672 is not available. 2007 cr125 part # 16060-ksr-732 is available for 91.62. The 07 part...
Any ideas on repairing the tps teeth ? Why is there all this additional stamping on the rear bottom of the cylinder and on the right...
Any ideas on repairing the tps teeth ? Why is there all this additional stamping on the rear bottom of the cylinder and on the right side ? Thx

I found out what the additional stamps are from, replating the cylinder. I soaked the power valves 4 days in parts cleaner. Used a dremel with a wire wheel, 100 grit sand paper for 2 hrs. Then used a diff dremel end, in pic. Pv are not cleaned yet, I put them back in the fresh gallon parts cleaner. I never saw a pv so thick with carbon. Pv wasn’t closing or opening all the way. Polished the exhaust port a bit.

5/31/2021 10:33am
garagedog wrote:
[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41iGqGlhwkL._AC_.jpg[/img]
That would be nice, but not possible. It was talked about for over a year. That when I find a cr125, I have to bring it to my brother in laws big shop. Since my 3 cr125,s where stolen from a storage unit. my sister put an end to that. I called to bring my bike over and she freaked out bad. Because my dad has dementia. She took her anger out on me. A lot of insults, etc like you could never afford a house like mine, you could never do my other sisters job. I say what kind of loving sister talks like that, why are you being so mean. She says I can be a lot meaner and hardcore. She always wants to fight, even when things are normal. You sound ridiculous I say. So your more hardcore than a mob boss in Phily, I did buisness with every week in 94 hhg drilling. I was a boss at the biggest pipeline co in the USA. Because I,m a truck driver now, I,m a looser in her eyes.Even tho my last check was 3,679.00 for a week, bigger than most checks yes. I looked for a shop to rent or a space in a shop, nothing worked out. So I,m better off working on my bike outside at a storage unit. The weather is holding stuff up, 41 wind and rain. Anyway I got the pv valves cleaned polished, the exhaust port, head. Used the hrc method for pv adjustment, rebuilt the carb. Still leaks gas from the float bowl bolt, there is no rubber gasket. So that’s probably it. Bike runs a lot better

5/31/2021 10:46am
Any ideas on repairing the tps teeth ? Why is there all this additional stamping on the rear bottom of the cylinder and on the right...

According to replating stamps, it’s 4 or 5 replates. The needle was bent, 380 main-very lean. Wonder why he seized it repeatedly. Odd bike everything is original, chain, sprockets, front tire, brake pads, front disk cover was never off. The bolt was seized, had to grind and rip the disk cover off. A lot of the wrong bolts, mainly rear fender, from loop outs, wrong bolt for air cleaner, cable routing wrong. Time consuming getting stuff right.

a22
5/31/2021 2:47pm
Your Sis sounds just like mine!
She made things very hard for the whole family and also stole my Fathers inheritance that was meant for her kid- like £90,000!
When you have family members like this, yes things not easy- such a pity, my empathy for sure. Can well understand the issues.

Goodluck with the bike Profeshanal- looks like you not doing too bad with it - you are cleaning it up nice- well done.
5/31/2021 7:48pm
You have one too, crazy how angry, mean and jealous they are there whole lives. Anyway I have a lot done, head stem bearing , linkage, brakes are original pads . I can’t get the outside screw out to get the pads out, blown fork seal oil all over the caliper. Both disk are grooved, brake power is bad. Front brake doesn’t feel rt. Crf caliper , master cylinder upgrade is needed. I hv the sellers gas in the bike yet. This could be causing the rich jetting. I changed pilot to a 37.5, stock needle, 390 main. Basically going over every bolt and part, except for bottom end. I ordered a stand 5 weeks ago, still not in. Other wise I would’ve been finished. I had 2 pairs of pro taper bars, didn’t realize the thieves took them. I really want to install the RG3 triple clamp. I took the dented pipe off , installed a new stock pipe and pc silencer. This 04 runs stronger than my 1st one, in stock form.

5/31/2021 8:08pm
I removed the front wheel , fork protectors, original Honda grease on the bearings which are still good. Make shift stand, I think I can get the head stem bearing cleaned and greased with it. Not sure about the linkage. Just a few items to go over. Waiting on 800 bucks of parts. Suspension needs a rebuild and revalve yet. A bad storm with high winds was coming near. I was in a rush getting stuff put away. sorry for the gross pic. I sliced my shin open, need stitches in the morning.

yota
6/1/2021 5:45pm
what's with all the pitting on the cylinder and the carb bowl?
6/1/2021 7:08pm
yota wrote:
what's with all the pitting on the cylinder and the carb bowl?
Carb bowl is from a plug wrench, stuck float I thought. I think it’s missing the o ring. O ring didn’t come with the rebuild kit. If it even needs a o ring, back to the dealer to order 1. A replating co bead blast the cylinder, must have had some large grain sand mixed in the gun. Dr didn’t want to stitch me up this morning. Dr said it’s over 12 hrs, high risk for infection if we stitch you up. I got 22 stitches and a antibiotic. I never heard of such a time limit. My bad luck continues , supposed to sign a contract this week. Walk away lease.
6/2/2021 4:49pm
I used the hrc team Honda cr250 method, for pv adjustment. You put a stick in the exhaust port, I used a 13mm socket added tape and it stayed in. Then you adjust the cables a certain way. New coil , iKat excellent throttle response with a strong hit, short shift and it rips. If ya leave it on , it’s pretty flat on top. I think it will be a great ax bike. Had to mod the iKat cable, trim cable with a razor. To get it slid together better. Rad valve is ordered, this will help with quickness low to mid. I have to wear this bandage for 2 days, 22 stitches in my shin.

6/6/2021 8:49pm
I got the screw out for the pads, installed a lightly used pair, both disk are grooved. Doesn’t pay to ruin a new set of pads. Every part except the bottom end, is being checked, cleaned. I figured out why it runs stronger than my 1st one, the transfers are ported smooth. The rest of the ports are stock, just chamfered. Tuesday,s stitches are healing ok. I supposed to stay out of the sun, being on this antibiotic. It was 92 and windy, worked on the bike today. Linkage, head stem bearing greasing needs to be done yet. Original front pads, tells me there is not a lot of time on the bike. New coil installed bike ran a lot crisper. Bike runs great with both pipes, the dented pipe is stronger. I ordered pv bolts, I know 1 is missing.

6/14/2021 8:45pm
A lot of parts came in including a new tps plug and wires. 07 air boot and foam gasket. I,m going to put clear rv sealant on both sides. Is that the correct way ? I remember cr125 having a sealing problem there. My gash on my leg from 5-31 , 22 stitches on 6-1. Dr said he can’t do stitches more than 12 hrs after the injury. I never heard that b4. The skin was in bad shape, had 11 shots on each side. Dr took 11 stitches out Thursday, then put tape in between the stitches. 11 more stitches came out Sunday. 2 bottles of antibiotics. Lesson don’t wait more than 12 hrs to get stitches. I think it was 14 hrs. I will have to wait until I,m home again to work on the bike.

8/2/2021 7:54am
Installed the 07 tps, toss the rubber seal on the 07. It does not go together, the 04 doesn’t hv it. Installed the 07 air boot, I used clear silicone on both sides of foam gasket. Make sure the rubber flap on air boot left side , does get tucked under. I noticed it comes on the pipe quicker. I ran out of gas, it’s from the seller from April. I waxed the inside of the air boot ,
Made it slicker better air velocity. Wax mixed with silicone.

8/4/2021 11:14am
How did you adjust the TPS?

Paw Paw
I didn’t, the original plug onto the carb. The plastic gears where wore. I ordered a tps for a 07 cr125, both plugs are the same. Carb plug has a rubber seal, I tossed it. The 04 doesn’t have that rubber seal. The plug gets deeper onto the gear with out the rubber seal.

Post a reply to: 2004 cr125 tps plastic connector teeth worn and bike rebuild

The Latest