2004 YZ125 Carb Has A Notchy Feel (Fixed)

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2018 10:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2018 10:54 AM

Hi Vitals,
So I'm restoring this 04 YZ, and I have the carb all buttoned up. My one complaint is that I feel/hear a slight "notch" or "click" when rolling the throttle on past the half way point. It feels as if the spring gets caught for a split second, then rolls on fine. Any insight as to what this may be? I haven't ridden a carburetor bike since 2003, so it could be me.

|

United States of America

6/18/2018 1:25 PM

The plastic piece that holds the throttle cable in the slide is not seated properly. The slide spring is binding because of it.

|

6/18/2018 1:39 PM

Radfonz wrote:

The plastic piece that holds the throttle cable in the slide is not seated properly. The slide spring is binding because of ...more

Radfonz, well that sounds about right. I'll open the carb up tonight, and take a look. Thank you!

|

United States of America

6/18/2018 2:10 PM

Radfonz wrote:

The plastic piece that holds the throttle cable in the slide is not seated properly. The slide spring is binding because of ...more

Just wanted to tell you, that you are correct sir. Throttle is now smooth as butter. It was that little plastic piece. Thank you again.

Here is the description from the service manual in case anyone else makes this rookie mistake.

9While compressing the spring, connect the
throttle cable.
9Align the projection a on the ring with the
groove b in the needle holder 6

|

United States of America