2004 CR125 with a different year motor

Related:
Create New Tag

4/8/2018 6:50 PM

Hey guys, I am currently building an 04 CR125 but am trying to get rid of that shitty cable power valve on it by going to a different year motor. From the research I have gathered so far, it looks like the cases from atleast 03 are the same pattern and will work. 05 and up, I am not sure... Also, with regards to the wiring harness, cdi, and all the electrical, I am sure ill have to take the wiring harness from whatever year motor I use.

If anyone has done a different year motor in an 04 frame, any help would be greatly appreciated!

|

4/8/2018 7:15 PM

Any help is appreciated!

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

4/9/2018 3:59 PM

92-06 will bolt in. 97-older need cases drilled out for larger mounting bolts. I would get CDI & wiring harness. When I run my 93 bottom end in our 02 I just switch the electronics over............

|

4/9/2018 7:21 PM

Tracktor wrote:

92-06 will bolt in. 97-older need cases drilled out for larger mounting bolts. I would get CDI & wiring harness. When I ...more

Thanks boss.

|

4/9/2018 9:02 PM

you should finagle a ktm motor in there wink

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti