2003 CR 125 Rod Side-to-Side Play

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2018 8:09 AM

Hi guys,

Busy throwing in a new piston for my 125 .

I read a few threads about checking for vertical play in the rod bearing although I cant find a straight answer for side to side play though . Some threads says its good and it should be like that and other threads says its bad .

Side to side play for me is about 1.5mm to each side when moving the rod side to side .

No vertical play whatsoever .

Will post a video later about the side-to-side play if that will help.

Should there be side-to-side play or not ?

Thanks and sorry if its a dumb question , I'm on a tight budget with my 125 build and dont want to waste money on parts that dont need replacing.



|

Instagram : @eondeysel974

10/14/2018 8:56 AM

Yes there should be side to side play. There is a spec in the service manual for service limit. You measure with feeler gauges. There should be 0 up and down play tho.

|

10/14/2018 10:48 AM

Hondas4Life3 wrote:

Yes there should be side to side play. There is a spec in the service manual for service limit. You measure with feeler ...more

Thanks bud.

Will check it out , hopefully its still in spec smile

|

Instagram : @eondeysel974

10/15/2018 7:46 AM

So here's a video of some side to side play.

I dont have feeler gauges , Im planning on getting some . Would you guys say this is a bit too much play ?

|

Instagram : @eondeysel974

10/15/2018 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2018 11:35 AM

ktm_34 wrote:

So here's a video of some side to side play.

I dont have feeler gauges , Im planning on getting some . Would you guys say ...more

Service limit spec from the manual is .9mm which is roughly .036”.. hard to really say but that doesn’t look like .036” to me... check with a set a feeler gauges to be sure...

|

10/15/2018 12:15 PM

Paul_Pitzonka wrote:

Service limit spec from the manual is .9mm which is roughly .036”.. hard to really say but that doesn’t look like .036” to ...more

Thanks , will get a set of feeler gauges and check just to make sure smile

|

Instagram : @eondeysel974