2003 CR 125 Rod Side-to-Side Play

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2018 8:09 AM

Hi guys,

Busy throwing in a new piston for my 125 .

I read a few threads about checking for vertical play in the rod bearing although I cant find a straight answer for side to side play though . Some threads says its good and it should be like that and other threads says its bad .

Side to side play for me is about 1.5mm to each side when moving the rod side to side .

No vertical play whatsoever .

Will post a video later about the side-to-side play if that will help.

Should there be side-to-side play or not ?

Thanks and sorry if its a dumb question , I'm on a tight budget with my 125 build and dont want to waste money on parts that dont need replacing.

|

Instagram : @eondeysel974

10/14/2018 8:56 AM

Yes there should be side to side play. There is a spec in the service manual for service limit. You measure with feeler gauges. There should be 0 up and down play tho.

|

10/14/2018 10:48 AM

Hondas4Life3 wrote:

Yes there should be side to side play. There is a spec in the service manual for service limit. You measure with feeler gauges. There should be 0 up and down play tho.

Thanks bud.

Will check it out , hopefully its still in spec smile

|

10/15/2018 7:46 AM

So here's a video of some side to side play.

I dont have feeler gauges , Im planning on getting some . Would you guys say this is a bit too much play ?

|

10/15/2018 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2018 11:35 AM

ktm_34 wrote:

So here's a video of some side to side play.

I dont have feeler gauges , Im planning on getting some . Would you guys say this is a bit too much play ?

Service limit spec from the manual is .9mm which is roughly .036”.. hard to really say but that doesn’t look like .036” to me... check with a set a feeler gauges to be sure...

|

10/15/2018 12:15 PM

Paul_Pitzonka wrote:

Service limit spec from the manual is .9mm which is roughly .036”.. hard to really say but that doesn’t look like .036” to me... check with a set a feeler gauges to be sure...

Thanks , will get a set of feeler gauges and check just to make sure smile

|