2000 Ktm 125 help

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2018 11:04 PM

Hey guys. I've been playing around with upgrades to my 125. I want to start running 50:50 mix of C110 and high octane pump gas. Any suggestions?

|

9/12/2018 2:39 PM

Why do you think that much octane is needed?

Paw Paw

|

9/12/2018 3:48 PM

What are the upgrades??

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

9/12/2018 5:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/12/2018 5:26 PM

As asked before what are the upgrades... there’s only a couple reasons to make you change to a higher octaine.. The main two being: an increase in compression; or advancing the timing... A higher octaine fuel doesn’t automatically make an engine stronger it just allows you to control, more precisely, where the burn/explosion happens in the combustion cycle... it can actually have the adverse effect if the engine doesn’t create enough heat and compression to cause a complete burn of the fuel...

|

9/12/2018 7:11 PM

Paul_Pitzonka wrote:

As asked before what are the upgrades... there’s only a couple reasons to make you change to a higher octaine.. The main two being: an increase in compression; or advancing the timing... A higher octaine fuel doesn’t automatically make an engine stronger it just allows you to control, more precisely, where the burn/explosion happens in the combustion cycle... it can actually have the adverse effect if the engine doesn’t create enough heat and compression to cause a complete burn of the fuel...

X2

Paw Paw

|

9/12/2018 9:01 PM

I have a complete fmf system, high output ignition box, v force 3 reeds, vertex high compression piston, engine sent out to pr2 for a complete rebuilding, and also power valve adjustment to a mean mode. Have it jetted so if you aren't on the pipe you will foul the plug out. Would like to run race gas to gain more proformance

|

9/12/2018 9:03 PM

Photo
|

9/13/2018 5:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2018 5:27 AM

With all of that, a mix would be good. Especially if PR2 is porting at all.Start at 50/50, May end up on the plus side with the race gas. Any 110 you have access to will work.... Sounds and looks like a great bike.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.