1976-1978 Honda CR 125 elsinore upgrades???

knightmoto
12/30/2018 5:21pm
Wanting to dump my Kehin carb for a Mikuni, should I go with a 32 or 34 mm? Motor is stock except a PFR lo pipe, and some head and cylinder polishing, Plus what Jets should I start with? and needle? also anyone have any Mugen top end stuff and exhaust they want to sell? Thanks!!
|
barnett468
12/30/2018 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2018 6:20pm
It depends upon how you are going to ride the bike. If you are going wot all the time, then a carb that is 2mm bigger than stock will be ideal. Just an old school mikuni will work fine. It is way too easy to over carburete a bike and is way to common for people to do.

If you want killer top end you can probably have dave miller or harry klemm or mossbarger do it. I had mossbarger port my 74 that I was vintage racing and I put a reed valve on it and pulled a holeshot in nearly every race in the vintage expert class in 1992/1993.

Also, if you are going to ride it wot in the heat or under heavy load like hill climbing in the sand etc, you should consider an aftermarket head. but you may need to have it modified to get the compression and/or squish band that is best for your app.

knightmoto
1/1/2019 6:30pm
barnett468 wrote:
It depends upon how you are going to ride the bike. If you are going wot all the time, then a carb that is 2mm bigger...
It depends upon how you are going to ride the bike. If you are going wot all the time, then a carb that is 2mm bigger than stock will be ideal. Just an old school mikuni will work fine. It is way too easy to over carburete a bike and is way to common for people to do.

If you want killer top end you can probably have dave miller or harry klemm or mossbarger do it. I had mossbarger port my 74 that I was vintage racing and I put a reed valve on it and pulled a holeshot in nearly every race in the vintage expert class in 1992/1993.

Also, if you are going to ride it wot in the heat or under heavy load like hill climbing in the sand etc, you should consider an aftermarket head. but you may need to have it modified to get the compression and/or squish band that is best for your app.

Ok sounds good, Mossbarger still in business or have a website? Reeds I would like to do for better throttle and some porting as well, I will look into it! and Thanks so much for the info!
barnett468
1/1/2019 6:58pm
knightmoto wrote:
Ok sounds good, Mossbarger still in business or have a website? Reeds I would like to do for better throttle and some porting as well, I...
Ok sounds good, Mossbarger still in business or have a website? Reeds I would like to do for better throttle and some porting as well, I will look into it! and Thanks so much for the info!

Post a reply to: 1976-1978 Honda CR 125 elsinore upgrades???

The Latest