19 yz250 2stroke suspension

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2019 6:31 AM

I just got this two weeks ago and took it straight to the track. The track was ripped deep and and had long ruts. I had a hard time getting the bike to enter corners smoothly it wanted to stand up and when I was in the it would understeer. Took it to a harder pack track to get a feel for it seemed alright in the corners but my front end bounces at me when I’m leaving the face of a jump making it almost impossible to bring back even when I brake tap. I read that my sag is sensitive and has to be between 102-104 what else should I change to correct my problems?

|

8/27/2019 8:36 AM

First start with setting your sag.

How much do you weight and your ability?

|

8/27/2019 9:43 AM

Do some research to understand what different adjustments make and for what sensations you are experiencing.

If it's not sprung for your weight and if you haven't even set your sag, do that before you ask anything else.

Also, it sounds like you need more practice on riding two strokes and it's a technique issue. Coming off 4 strokes, the lack of engine braking always messes with me for the first moto or two.

|

8/27/2019 11:49 AM

Set sag. Put forks flush. Put all clickers in neutral position. Then ride and begin to diagnose.

|

8/29/2019 2:16 AM

Mxa has some good base settings to get you in the ball park.
Set your sag to around 104 and run the forks 7mm -10mm up in the clamps. I started with my forks at 5mm then 6mm and at 7mm the bike started to behave better through corners

|

8/30/2019 5:26 AM

miketherider wrote:

Set sag. Put forks flush. Put all clickers in neutral position. Then ride and begin to diagnose.

What you mean by neutral position

|

8/30/2019 7:06 AM

miketherider wrote:

Mx391 wrote:

What you mean by neutral position

Your manual will give you the standard setting, I’d assume that’s what he means.

|

8/30/2019 7:36 AM

Last yz250 I had I ran 106-108 sag and as far as the front end goes I always had trouble with it standing up and wanting to jump out of ruts. I ended up switching to 22.5mm offset triple clamps and it turned much better for me.

|