2019 KX450 clutch

Slaughter612s
Fantasy
189th
7/6/2020 5:41am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2020 5:42am
Replacing my clutch in 19 KX450. Using Hinson clutch pack. Oem springs. Put it all back together and when I start it, put it in gear it stalls.
First hydro clutch, I’m obviously missing something.
Thanks in advance, cheers
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
7/7/2020 4:14pm
Are that plates in the correct order?

Right amount of plates?

Enough hydro fluid? Maybe the line needs to be pumped up and bleed?
7/13/2020 11:16am
Did you Drain the oil on the bike before doing the clutch? I did the same setup you are doing and laid the bike on the side so i cold change the clutch without draining the oil. I pulled out the pushrod also. I had a few problems with the clutch not fully releasing. I guess when you pull that and not drain the oil, oil can weep through and get between the clutch cylinder where the fluid goes to and cause issues. I pulled my slave cylinder cover and oil came out where it shouldn't have been. Works great now
Rickyisms
7/13/2020 12:14pm
I had the same problem on a 125SX a year ago and started with easy stuff first. I bled the Hydro clutch a couple times to be safe and that ended up fixing it. Don't know why, but hasn't happened again.
Slaughter612s
Fantasy
189th
7/13/2020 6:59pm
Thanks for the replies. What happened was: I replaced the steel/fibers with a Hinson pack. I didn’t take out the judder with didn’t leave it with enough clearance. Took them out and it’s as fresh as it gets. thanks again for the replies, rookie move on my part🤦🏼‍♂️. Cheers.

The Shop

dancolvin633
Fantasy
2171st
7/13/2020 9:09pm
Thanks for the replies. What happened was: I replaced the steel/fibers with a Hinson pack. I didn’t take out the judder with didn’t leave it with...
Thanks for the replies. What happened was: I replaced the steel/fibers with a Hinson pack. I didn’t take out the judder with didn’t leave it with enough clearance. Took them out and it’s as fresh as it gets. thanks again for the replies, rookie move on my part🤦🏼‍♂️. Cheers.
Just make sure you watch the Hinson plates..... id pull that cover off every 5-10 hours to inspect the plates. They are known to break....
Slaughter612s
Fantasy
189th
7/13/2020 10:30pm
Thanks for the replies. What happened was: I replaced the steel/fibers with a Hinson pack. I didn’t take out the judder with didn’t leave it with...
Just make sure you watch the Hinson plates..... id pull that cover off every 5-10 hours to inspect the plates. They are known to break....
Thanks Dan. With that said, what are you running? Your bikes are always on point. Cheers
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2171st
7/14/2020 12:29pm
Thanks Dan. With that said, what are you running? Your bikes are always on point. Cheers
I run oem fiber and steel plates, and believe it or not I run the judder spring. I thought the feel with the spring was better for me. I did just get a Rekluse torque drive clutch pack I am going to try
stax199
2/22/2021 9:13am
Hey Slaughter.. im about to perform the same process.. replacing OEM with full hinson pack. Whats your thoughts on the clutch now without oem judder and the hinson pack?
Thanks in advance..
Slaughter612s
Fantasy
189th
2/23/2021 8:10am
stax199 wrote:
Hey Slaughter.. im about to perform the same process.. replacing OEM with full hinson pack. Whats your thoughts on the clutch now without oem judder and...
Hey Slaughter.. im about to perform the same process.. replacing OEM with full hinson pack. Whats your thoughts on the clutch now without oem judder and the hinson pack?
Thanks in advance..
I like it. Seems to hold up well and feels very close to OEM with longer life.
coastie44
2/23/2021 5:41pm
stax199 wrote:
Hey Slaughter.. im about to perform the same process.. replacing OEM with full hinson pack. Whats your thoughts on the clutch now without oem judder and...
Thanks in advance..
I replaced the judder doo-dads with an OEM fiber of the correct thickness. For me I like this better as I felt the judder thing made the engagement change in the middle of corners.

Post a reply to: 2019 KX450 clutch

The Latest