19 FC450 Suspension Settings

deadlo
Looking for help on a good start to stock suspension settings. I lost a lot of weight on deployment (went from 180 to 152 lbs). In the past, I just found an article and went off their settings as I was close in weight.

Being an air fork, I have never found any info on fork sag for the proper air pressure. Say in an air fork mtb you usually choose a pressure that allows 20-30% of sag when sitting on the bike in full gear. Is this a thing on dirtbikes too? I’ve always had spring forks and ran whatever the suspension guy set me up at. With this bike I was just running other peoples settings, but like I said I lost a lot of weight now.

Is anyone near my weight (152lb no gear) with a good setting to start at on this bike? Any tips for finding proper air pressure? That’s my main worry, I can mess with the clickers from there.
|
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
5/30/2021 5:28am
Manual will point you in the direction of proper air setting. Or just ride it and find the air pressure that has you using nearly all the travel on a typical lap. All but a 1/2” or so is a good starting point.
deadlo
5/30/2021 5:40am
soggy wrote:
Manual will point you in the direction of proper air setting. Or just ride it and find the air pressure that has you using nearly all...
Manual will point you in the direction of proper air setting. Or just ride it and find the air pressure that has you using nearly all the travel on a typical lap. All but a 1/2” or so is a good starting point.
The manual doesn’t differentiate based on rider weight which is what I thought was weird. Do you guys put like a zip tie on the fork tube to determine if you are using the full travel?
blaze 57
6/2/2021 8:53am
With my air fork I just used the zip tie method to set the air like already mentioned. I found out those forks work best riding in the high part of the stroke with the comp clickers turned all the way out or almost out. Less air made them harsher because they would settle too much especially coming into a rough square-edge bump corner so yes proper air pressure is huge in these forks.

Post a reply to: 19 FC450 Suspension Settings

The Latest