18 rmz 450 upper fork tube worn through in side coating

bb252
I've been going through seals and bushings about every 10 hrs. Worn enough that the brake side has excessive movement on the the lower tube when assembled. The inner tube looks to b worn through the coating where the bushings ride. Should I get new uppers or have them recoated? Bike has about 100 hrs.
I think this may be a result of not getting the fork legs true on reassemble and possibly manufacturing flaw.
Any help is appreciated
|
Dirt231
9/22/2020 7:53am
bb252 wrote:
I've been going through seals and bushings about every 10 hrs. Worn enough that the brake side has excessive movement on the the lower tube when...
I've been going through seals and bushings about every 10 hrs. Worn enough that the brake side has excessive movement on the the lower tube when assembled. The inner tube looks to b worn through the coating where the bushings ride. Should I get new uppers or have them recoated? Bike has about 100 hrs.
I think this may be a result of not getting the fork legs true on reassemble and possibly manufacturing flaw.
Any help is appreciated
Sound like you had your forks binding. Proper procedure is slide axle in, tighten pinch bolts on that side, put axle nut on and torque, torque pinch bolts on nut side, loosen pinch bolts from step one, take bike off stand and put front wheel against wall or block and compress forks( can also leave on stand and spin front wheel and then lock brakes). The point is to have fork leg pop back out after tightening axle nut. Then torque pinch bolt back down.
9/22/2020 8:23am
bb252 wrote:
I've been going through seals and bushings about every 10 hrs. Worn enough that the brake side has excessive movement on the the lower tube when...
Any help is appreciated
At the very top of the inner fork tube, sometimes they don’t dlc or chrome plate on that area. It would be up at the top where the bushing sits in

Post a reply to: 18 rmz 450 upper fork tube worn through in side coating

The Latest