18' KTM 250sx: QUICK TURN THROTTLE solutions?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2018 7:48 AM

I need a much quicker throttle, 10% isnt going to help it needs at least 20-25%

So bike has the lock on grips from factory which as far as I can tell is only the clutch side and its got a regular throttle tube? Would prefer to just swap out or snap on a different reel than buy an aluminum tube etc if possible.
I believe I had a motion pro one on my 4stroke and it took like 2hrs to install and get adjusted right and I was barely able to turn it open with my bad wrist.

Please advise

|

12/20/2018 8:02 AM

As far as i know, something from g2 throttle tubes is going to be your best bet. Did a quick search, they have 6 different cams to play with.

|

12/20/2018 10:14 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

12/20/2018 10:52 AM

it doesnt look like there is any extra space inside the metal housing to make the reel larger diameter which is whats needed so I imagine a tube won't work if it doesnt have a bigger housing

|

12/20/2018 9:15 PM

G2 sold me a complete throttle assy for my 16 kehin equipped ktm 150sx
It was a machined stock assembly to accommodate the larger cam

They were supposed to do the same for the newer Mikuni equipped bikes

|

12/21/2018 10:47 AM

2stmark wrote:

G2 sold me a complete throttle assy for my 16 kehin equipped ktm 150sx
It was a machined stock assembly to accommodate the larger cam

They were supposed to do the same for the newer Mikuni equipped bikes

just called them and have them sending me their setup, hopefully its fast enuff!

|

12/28/2018 4:59 PM

got the quick turn and its only marginally shorter turn. UGH

need to do something to help it get faster!

|

12/28/2018 9:25 PM

I gotta ask this......how quick do you want / need the throttle? The motor itself can only react so quick. If it's a wrist problem or something like that I understand the reasoning. But Christ......all these new bikes ( 2 stroke and 4 stroke ) react extremely quick with throttle response.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/2/2019 7:30 AM

throttle response is absolutely instant no question, its a lot easier to manage my grip and precise power output when it is reduced to fine motor skill instead of twisting my entire arm and shoulder to compensate for limited wrist range of motion. I rarely am in the range of 30-99% throttle on an mx bike id say I roll into it then its either on or off.

|