17 250sxf lighting

RCF
I posted this over a KTM talk but i really didn't get an answer , my son is running the Northeast 24 hour challenge this year and I want to install a light bar on the bike I'm getting a Rick's high output stator (70w) but not sure about the wiring, is it okay to run direct from the battery will the stator keep up and keep the battery charged or do I need to splice off one of the yellow wires into a voltage regulator and then to light bar.
|
Acidreamer
1/24/2018 7:25am
Youll want a switch and fuse on your light if you run off your battery. Otherwise you run the risk of blowing your lights if it surges for whatever reason. Ive seen a ton of guys run lights on streetbikes directly off their battery without those things and they always have problems.

Cant help much on power output though. My guess would be figure out how many watts the bike needs and subtract that from your new stator to figure out what watt lightbar you can run. Again just guessing.
Monk
1/24/2018 9:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2018 9:33pm
Running it off the battery is fine. Just keep in mind the draw of the lights you are using and out the correct fuse inline...

Equally so I would upgrade the battery to something with more capacity... I have a 350 with the Ricky Stator, and run some bike lights and I'm 300hrs on the setup with no issues. I run directly off the battery.

The 70w available is 'after' what the bike uses. The stator itself is about 110-120w, the bike uses 40-50w and you now have 70w available...
RCF
1/25/2018 5:07am
Monk wrote:
Running it off the battery is fine. Just keep in mind the draw of the lights you are using and out the correct fuse inline... Equally...
Running it off the battery is fine. Just keep in mind the draw of the lights you are using and out the correct fuse inline...

Equally so I would upgrade the battery to something with more capacity... I have a 350 with the Ricky Stator, and run some bike lights and I'm 300hrs on the setup with no issues. I run directly off the battery.

The 70w available is 'after' what the bike uses. The stator itself is about 110-120w, the bike uses 40-50w and you now have 70w available...
Thanks ,this is the info I was looking for , I already have a upgraded battery and the light bar kit I was looking at comes with a wiring harness so should be good there, thanks again.

Post a reply to: 17 250sxf lighting

The Latest