17-18 KTM/Husky 450 Vortex ECU

CSAR FE
Who here is running a Vortex ECU on their 17-18 450 SX-F or FC450?

I had my stock FX450 ECU remapped by Tokyomods for an FMF slip-on a while back, but have since installed the header, opened up the airbox, added the megabomb header and now run T4. The bike runs pretty good, but I'd like to have a more aggressive map for for the terrain I ride mostly (intermediate/sand/desert), and have a mellower map for hardpack conditions, selectable with the handlebar switch. More snap off the bottom and crisper throttle response would be welcomed.

Is it worth it? What gains did you see?
|
ktm-5
5/7/2018 9:02pm
I have a vortex on my 250f and had them dyno tune it, that's the best way to go if you get a vortex. I watched hp go up from them tuning it and it is specifically done to what your bike needs and wants. For racing purposes I think it was worth it, although if you want handle bar control then you would need to buy vortexs handle bar switch because your stock one will not work with the vortex ecu
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
5/7/2018 9:27pm
I really like my Vortex. It was tuned and mapped Byblos a Twisted Development. Give them a ring!
CSAR FE
8/11/2018 10:37am
I ended up getting my Vortex ECU remapped by Twisted Development. All I can say is, holy shit, this bike is fast now! The remap made a HUGE difference. I feel like $250 was a pretty solid deal for the amount of performance gained. Highly recommended.
blaze 57
8/11/2018 11:41am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 11:43am
CSAR FE wrote:
I ended up getting my Vortex ECU remapped by Twisted Development. All I can say is, holy shit, this bike is fast now! The remap made...
I ended up getting my Vortex ECU remapped by Twisted Development. All I can say is, holy shit, this bike is fast now! The remap made a HUGE difference. I feel like $250 was a pretty solid deal for the amount of performance gained. Highly recommended.
Did the mapping give you a harder hit right at the bottom? That is what I'm seeking for my 18' 450 factory edition. My stock ECU was remapped by Tokyo Mods but the very bottom end seems the same as before. I have a Vortex now but have yet to send it in for re-mapping. I want a harder hit for sand. I have full FMF exhaust, screenless filter and cut airbox.

The Shop

ktm-5
8/11/2018 1:52pm
CSAR FE wrote:
I ended up getting my Vortex ECU remapped by Twisted Development. All I can say is, holy shit, this bike is fast now! The remap made...
blaze 57 wrote:
Did the mapping give you a harder hit right at the bottom? That is what I'm seeking for my 18' 450 factory edition. My stock ECU...
Did the mapping give you a harder hit right at the bottom? That is what I'm seeking for my 18' 450 factory edition. My stock ECU was remapped by Tokyo Mods but the very bottom end seems the same as before. I have a Vortex now but have yet to send it in for re-mapping. I want a harder hit for sand. I have full FMF exhaust, screenless filter and cut airbox.
I also have a vortex ign for my 250f and the best bang for the buck is to have it dyno tuned. Sending it out for a remap only gets u close where the dyno gets exact
CSAR FE
8/11/2018 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 2:02pm
CSAR FE wrote:
blaze 57 wrote:
Did the mapping give you a harder hit right at the bottom? That is what I'm seeking for my 18' 450 factory edition. My stock ECU...
Yes. It actually reminded me a little bit of the hit my 16 YZ450F had off the bottom.

I had the Tokyo Mods remap before also. Although it was better than stock, the Twisted Development maps are on a whole different level.
blaze 57
8/11/2018 5:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 5:38pm
CSAR FE wrote:
blaze 57 wrote:
CSAR FE wrote:
Yes. It actually reminded me a little bit of the hit my 16 YZ450F had off the bottom. I had the Tokyo Mods remap before also...
Yes. It actually reminded me a little bit of the hit my 16 YZ450F had off the bottom.

I had the Tokyo Mods remap before also. Although it was better than stock, the Twisted Development maps are on a whole different level.
Thanks, that is exactly what I'm seeking. My son has a 18' YZ450 with that great low-end snap which I thought I my get with the Tokyo Mods remap. I just got the same linear power as before with some more "meat" in the mid-range. I'll send my Vortex in ASAP to Twisted. I need a sand-hill map.
8/13/2018 1:29pm
I use a vortex, very good if you want to use race fuel. When I run MR pro 6 I just turn the trim switches up 5-7.5%.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/13/2018 10:42pm
CSAR FE wrote:
blaze 57 wrote:
CSAR FE wrote:
Yes. It actually reminded me a little bit of the hit my 16 YZ450F had off the bottom. I had the Tokyo Mods remap before also...

+1 on the TD maps

Post a reply to: 17-18 KTM/Husky 450 Vortex ECU

The Latest