16 Yz250f Cracked frame.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2018 11:51 AM

65 hours. I’ve read many other threads about this but they all seem to be on newer 30 hour or less frames. I need ideas on what I should do.Photo

|

4/1/2018 12:52 PM

Cut your loss and buy a brand who doesnt have frame problems like kawi zook or honda

|

4/1/2018 3:32 PM

|

4/1/2018 6:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2018 6:03 PM

I would buy a new frame. Thats a big crack in a bad place. I bought a new frame and did a swap on a 13 rmz250 it was about $600 on eBay.

|

4/1/2018 7:42 PM

kb228 wrote:

Cut your loss and buy a brand who doesnt have frame problems like kawi zook or honda

Haha I’ll look into it a little more but never should have switched. Still have one Honda though.

|

4/1/2018 7:43 PM

Hondas4Life3 wrote:

I would buy a new frame. Thats a big crack in a bad place. I bought a new frame and did a swap on a 13 rmz250 it was about $600 on eBay.

Yeah, I didn’t find any earlier but I was kind of frantically looking so I’ll trh again tomorrow.

|

4/1/2018 8:51 PM

60 hours is not a lot.... contact Yamaha ? Bike look like it hasn’t been abused ? Buddy of mine has a 2016 250f and has had nothing but problems. (All motor tho, not the frame)

|

4/2/2018 6:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2018 2:20 PM

mxer807 wrote:

60 hours is not a lot.... contact Yamaha ? Bike look like it hasn’t been abused ? Buddy of mine has a 2016 250f and has had nothing but problems. (All motor tho, not the frame)

I plan to make some calls when I get home from work today. See what I can find out. The bike is in extremely good shape and appears to be very well maintained. I knew the guy. He is Same speed as me and I’m not fast so I have no idea.

|

4/2/2018 6:13 AM

This all could have been avoided if I had just looked before I bought it. Should have done some research before to know to check so I know I messed up. Also put to much trust in someone I knew. That’s all unless it cracked in the 1.2 hours I put on the bike which I doupt.

|

4/2/2018 6:52 AM

Contact your dealer and see if they can help out

|

#1
KX125

4/2/2018 7:42 AM

I thought this only happens to KTMs.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

4/2/2018 7:49 AM

HenryA wrote:

Contact your dealer and see if they can help out

I just called Yamaha and they said to bring the bike to a dealer to have them inspect so I’ll go from there I guess.

|

4/2/2018 7:52 AM

this happened to a friend of my , he bought a used 14 and the frame was cracked ... this was last year . they told him to take it to the dealer , guess what they replaced the frame free of charge . done , deal . good luck hopefully they do the same for you .

|

2018 crf 250r

4/2/2018 8:07 AM

Naanak wrote:

This all could have been avoided if I had just looked before I bought it. Should have done some research before to know to check so I know I messed up. Also put to much trust in someone I knew. That’s all unless it cracked in the 1.2 hours I put on the bike which I doupt.

They might not have known it was cracked either.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

4/2/2018 11:16 AM

mx317 wrote:

They might not have known it was cracked either.

Yeah I don’t think they did after calling him. I more meant it that I should have slowed down and still given it a better look over.

|

4/2/2018 11:17 AM

Tryhard wrote:

this happened to a friend of my , he bought a used 14 and the frame was cracked ... this was last year . they told him to take it to the dealer , guess what they replaced the frame free of charge . done , deal . good luck hopefully they do the same for you .

That’s good to hear. I’ll keep you updated.

|

4/2/2018 12:25 PM

Tryhard wrote:

this happened to a friend of my , he bought a used 14 and the frame was cracked ... this was last year . they told him to take it to the dealer , guess what they replaced the frame free of charge . done , deal . good luck hopefully they do the same for you .

Naanak wrote:

That’s good to hear. I’ll keep you updated.

Hope it goes well with you. Seems there’s an issue lately with newer Yamaha frames cracking. Not sure what changed or we are just hearing about it more, but I hope they do you right.

I know they explicity do not have warranties on dirt bikes, but if something fails prematurely, it should be corrected. Frames should last hundreds of moderate hours, not 60.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

4/2/2018 1:29 PM

TrailDigger wrote:

Hope it goes well with you. Seems there’s an issue lately with newer Yamaha frames cracking. Not sure what changed or we are just hearing about it more, but I hope they do you right.

I know they explicity do not have warranties on dirt bikes, but if something fails prematurely, it should be corrected. Frames should last hundreds of moderate hours, not 60.

Thanks man. One more quick question when he brought it to the dealer did they do all the work or just give him the frame?

|

4/2/2018 1:52 PM

Awesome they didn’t blow you off when you called.

|

4/2/2018 6:33 PM

mxer807 wrote:

Awesome they didn’t blow you off when you called.

When I said the frame was cracked she replied with “in the weld by the steering stem?”

|

4/2/2018 7:31 PM

Lol! Is it a possible right then and there you knew it was gettin fixed for free?

|

4/2/2018 8:12 PM

mxer807 wrote:

Lol! Is it a possible right then and there you knew it was gettin fixed for free?

Hopefully haha, I don’t want to get my hopes up to much though. I’ll keep everyone posted.

|

4/17/2018 3:46 PM

Good news. I’m receiving my new frame in 3-5 days. Thanks again for the advice everyone.

|

4/17/2018 4:59 PM

Naanak wrote:

Good news. I’m receiving my new frame in 3-5 days. Thanks again for the advice everyone.

Awesome... glad to see it work out.

|

4/17/2018 6:15 PM

Naanak wrote:

Thanks man. One more quick question when he brought it to the dealer did they do all the work or just give him the frame?

Not sure. Either way, it shouldn’t be TOO hard to swap everything over on a newer bike. It also gives you time to grease and replace whatever bearings may need it.

Good on them for addressing it.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

4/17/2018 7:08 PM

TrailDigger wrote:

Not sure. Either way, it shouldn’t be TOO hard to swap everything over on a newer bike. It also gives you time to grease and replace whatever bearings may need it.

Good on them for addressing it.

I’m doing the whole swap. It wasn’t covered. I wanted to though, it will be a good way to learn the bike and also check over everything.

|