13' kx450f blown up?? please everyone help!!!

So let me start by saying guy I bought bike from had pics and all of bike fully apart and everything said it was rebuilt right before I got it and so I go and put over $800 in it new mx32s ,oring chain, new plastics, full graphics, new rad and hoses, chain guide and rollers, polished the frame, put a hour n tach meter on it along with protaper bars and new seat cover, bykas spoke skins, I know I'm forgetting something's also bike had brand new fuel pump and I change oil and filter every other ride and only run 93 octane. Well I take it out yesterday with the whole gang tagging along. We were probably 4 hours into our day riding down side of train tracks I'm cruising in 5th gear n bike goes booooooooowwwwwwww n just dies out sounded like head popped off it got louder for a second and then Like I said shut off but the back tire never once locked up and I was doing probably around 70 mph when it happened. So please help help help. I'm a pour kid balling on a budget with a baby and a house to pay for can someone plhelp me figure out what's wrong and suggestions , what it's going to cost, and what I should do. Thanks for any feedback.
Kx450kid13.

|
Hondas4Life3
1/30/2017 2:20pm
You must take it apart in order to get an accurate estimate on parts and see what went wrong.
MX690
1/30/2017 3:29pm
I'm guessing that you can still kick it over if it didn't lock up?
JWACK
1/30/2017 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2017 3:53pm
if it didn't lock up and it sounded like it ran out of gas I would be checking the fuel system. Starting with connections since it was just rebuilt. Maybe the fuel pump or something related came unplugged. You said the sound changed? Kinda interesting Check the throttle body for good seal to the cylinder as well.

The Shop

1/30/2017 4:12pm
No I was rolling like 70 in 5th almost 3/4 tank of fuel and just pit brand new fuel pump it just went reeeeeeeeeeeeeeen n shut down to a stop didn't lock up n slide but I kicked it over after n full compression tried kicking again n it locked up mid kick. So...
JWACK
1/30/2017 4:33pm
So it won't kick over now.? If that's the case then you will have to pull things apart..
Ktm 5
1/30/2017 5:04pm
Yup needs to come apart if your lucky maybe it's just a rod but its a 4 stroke so it's usually always more. Time to pull head and cyl
mx317
1/30/2017 7:06pm
I tore down my friends 13 Kx450 that sounded just like yours when his quit and it had a broke piston. It was cracked straight across the dome, but didn't come apart and lock it up.
mwssquad827
1/31/2017 4:03am
Put it in the back of your truck get on the highway get going 70 again and have your buddy push it out the back of the truck and claim insurance!! Hahah sorry dude your gonna be dropping some money to fix, total it claim it and new bike boom
Ktm 5
1/31/2017 5:32am
Put it in the back of your truck get on the highway get going 70 again and have your buddy push it out the back of...
Put it in the back of your truck get on the highway get going 70 again and have your buddy push it out the back of the truck and claim insurance!! Hahah sorry dude your gonna be dropping some money to fix, total it claim it and new bike boom
Yea your the reason we all pay high premiums. Grow up
mwssquad827
1/31/2017 9:17am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 9:20am
Put it in the back of your truck get on the highway get going 70 again and have your buddy push it out the back of...
Ktm 5 wrote:
Fuck you I pay for my bike insurance so it wouldn't effect you and I was joking, just curious how would that make your premiums high???
mjr119
1/31/2017 10:10am
Ktm 5 wrote:
Fuck you I pay for my bike insurance so it wouldn't effect you and I was joking, just curious how would that make your premiums high???
HAHAHAHA. So much wrong with this. So much confusion...
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
1/31/2017 12:20pm
Ktm 5 wrote:
mjr119 wrote:
HAHAHAHA. So much wrong with this. So much confusion...
Un fucking real.
sandman768
1/31/2017 5:38pm
Meanwhile ......the poor guy with the blown up kx is waiting for someone to wave a magic wand and fix his bike....
1/31/2017 7:52pm
I'm not a high school science teacher, but if I was. Now would be the time to start cooking..err thinking of..Ahh, never mind. Good luck man.
omalley
1/31/2017 8:15pm
Obviously a multitude of possibilities. For starters, put it on a stand and put in gear. GENTLY try to turn the wheel backward. This will tell you whether the piston/bore and/or crank is locked up tight (if you can't turn either direction). If it will turn backwards to a point and stop again, then forwards and stop, you likely have a valve issue (stuck/bent/etc) and the piston is hitting it. Don't force anything, as you don't want to make a bad situation worse.

Best of luck, hopefully it's something minor in the grand scheme.
tbgonz
2/2/2017 8:53pm
i had a 2 stroke that did this. died on me then locked up when i kicked it over. if i remember correctly top end blew then i destroyed the bottom end kicking it over. cost me like $800 and that was with a 2 stroke Sad
markit
2/3/2017 1:25am
omalley wrote:
Obviously a multitude of possibilities. For starters, put it on a stand and put in gear. GENTLY try to turn the wheel backward. This will tell...
Obviously a multitude of possibilities. For starters, put it on a stand and put in gear. GENTLY try to turn the wheel backward. This will tell you whether the piston/bore and/or crank is locked up tight (if you can't turn either direction). If it will turn backwards to a point and stop again, then forwards and stop, you likely have a valve issue (stuck/bent/etc) and the piston is hitting it. Don't force anything, as you don't want to make a bad situation worse.

Best of luck, hopefully it's something minor in the grand scheme.
X2
Fresh
Fantasy
3304th
2/3/2017 1:57am
sell it as a loss and buy a two stroke
ferg722
2/3/2017 12:03pm
Wow sorry about your luck dude... Hate to say it but common thing I've seen on these Kawasaki's when you install spoke skins. The bikes ACU can't calculate the added unsprung rotating mass added to the wheels thus causing the secondary injection valve to compensate.
Low speeds / RPM doesn't reflect much added signal to the injection with this setup, so you can usually get away with the added oxygenated fuel separation. But in your case being in the tallest gear and high RPM, your motor and secondary's were working over time with the compensated fuel mixture.
Wouldn't be surprised if you split open the motor and found pockets of inert gases trapped along the walls of the cylinder case. Also when a motor has done this you've really gotta look over the gear box for frayed torque splines across the face of the spur.
It's a shame Kawasaki didn't do its homework when building this motor...

Okay maybe not... But in all seriousness - Your best bet is taking your bike to a shop and allowing them to tear it apart and give you an estimate or selling it as is as a loss... Where are you located?
2/4/2017 8:58pm
So cylinder is perfect and so is bottom end but this is the head. Pretty jacked up , I really hope it's fixable I'm taking to local machine shop Monday. What's a job like this usually run.

2/4/2017 9:01pm
Need seats cut surface refinished it's gashed up hopefully fixable. I'm going to supply the new valves springs seals retainers guides and buckets. All new as well as stage 2 hot cams
usafwx
2/4/2017 10:22pm
For the love of all that is good ditch those horrible spoke skins or whatever they are. And proofread. "pour" and I question the 70mph but will leave that one for the above posters. Glad you figured it out. If your trying to ride on a budget 2 strokes are your best friend that and learning how to wrench yourself. Good luck.
2/5/2017 6:54am
I was looking at there site fatheads seems right they have a deal where they redo head installs springs and kibble white valves and cut new seats. Think they can weld fill that little damage around the seat as well? And I owe a two stroke as well. Always have had them i can do a two stroke with my eyes closed don't like taking my chances with my $5000 dirtbike so I would rather my mechanic do it. But yea waiting to hear back from fastheads on Monday hopefully they can fill n fix the small amount of damage around the one seat where the valve broke
2/5/2017 6:55am
If you zoom in you can see the surface around the seat toward the center of head is busted up a little bit. That's my only worry I have $1000 in parts ordered and I really don't wanna buy another head
Paw Paw 271
2/5/2017 7:22am
Fast Heads does great quality work at a good price. Remember that all the other parts are useless if your head is junk.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: 13' kx450f blown up?? please everyone help!!!

The Latest