13’ YZ250 Push Rod Axle Removal?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2018 4:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2018 4:14 PM

I am replacing some seals and gaskets on my 13 yz250 because there is some premix residue on the bottom of the stator side under the flywheel. Also bike leaked a lot of oil into the floor. Doing dry side crank seal, shift shaft seal, reed gasket between cylinder and spacer, stator cover gasket, and the little seal on the push rod axle inside the stator cover to keep stuff out of the stator area.

How do i go about removing the push rod axle besides removing the screw with the copper washer beside stator cover? Is it just take that screw out and undo the clutch cable and pull the assembly out? How about reinstalling it?

Never done these things before but its never too late to learn...

|

10/14/2018 4:32 PM

I think there was a screw inside the stator cover that allowed you to remove it. You have to take the cable off

|

10/14/2018 4:41 PM

Alec138 wrote:

I am replacing some seals and gaskets on my 13 yz250 because there is some premix residue on the bottom of the stator side under the flywheel. Also bike leaked a lot of oil into the floor. Doing dry side crank seal, shift shaft seal, reed gasket between cylinder and spacer, stator cover gasket, and the little seal on the push rod axle inside the stator cover to keep stuff out of the stator area.

How do i go about removing the push rod axle besides removing the screw with the copper washer beside stator cover? Is it just take that screw out and undo the clutch cable and pull the assembly out? How about reinstalling it?

Yes, that is all there is to it, but I would suggest removing the clutch pressure plate so it will be easier to get the rod back in place. When it comes out you will see the cam surface cut into the rod and it has to go between the log push rod to the clutch and the case.

Paw Paw

|

10/14/2018 4:48 PM

Alec138 wrote:

Paw Paw 271 wrote:

Yes, that is all there is to it, but I would suggest removing the clutch pressure plate so it will be easier to get the rod back in place. When it comes out you will see the cam surface cut into the rod and it has to go between the log push rod to the clutch and the case.

Paw Paw

So is it mandatory to remove the pressure plate? So if i got the axle assembly out, pushing it back in would be hard? Id like to keep from messing with the right side if possible...

|

10/15/2018 6:13 AM

You need to remove the pressure plate.

Paw Paw

|