13 Rmz450 decompression issue

7/7/2017 6:41am
New to the suzuki world. Ok bike ran good started easy. I replaced the cam chain last night. After everything back together. Go to kick it over and damn near popped my knee. It will kick over just with a very stiff compression. Its of course not starting. Almost like the decompression is not working. Ive done a hundred cam chains on yamahas, hondas,and kawasakis. First time working on suzukis. The timing is dead on. When i get home. Going to popped the valve cover and take a look again. Any inherent issues with the exhaust cam or decompression curcuit?
|
Acidreamer
7/7/2017 9:27am
if its indeed in time, take a look at the auto decompression mechanism on the exhaust cam. also make sure everything was assembled right and theres no binding at all.
Paw Paw
7/7/2017 9:27am
Cam timing being off even one tooth will cause this. My guess is that you are way off on the exhaust cam timing.
No know auto decompression issues, but look it over to be sure.

Paw Paw
7/7/2017 9:47am
Paw Paw wrote:
Cam timing being off even one tooth will cause this. My guess is that you are way off on the exhaust cam timing. No know auto...
Cam timing being off even one tooth will cause this. My guess is that you are way off on the exhaust cam timing.
No know auto decompression issues, but look it over to be sure.

Paw Paw
Thanks. Ill take a look again. The exhaust mark pretty sure 9 and the top 11. Ill take a look again.
Paw Paw
7/7/2017 12:28pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2017 12:30pm
Be sure the engine is at TDC when checking the cam timing. Also be 100% sure that the fuel injector is not leaking and causing a hydro lock.

Paw Paw

The Shop

7/7/2017 1:21pm
Paw Paw wrote:
Be sure the engine is at TDC when checking the cam timing. Also be 100% sure that the fuel injector is not leaking and causing a...
Be sure the engine is at TDC when checking the cam timing. Also be 100% sure that the fuel injector is not leaking and causing a hydro lock.

Paw Paw
I owe you paw paw. I must of had a crooked eye last night. The exhaust was one tooth advanced. Just fixed it and runs beautiful.
Paw Paw
7/7/2017 9:53pm
Great!

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: 13 Rmz450 decompression issue

The Latest