‘13 CRF250R starting problems

luckyy250rr
Fresh top end rebuild on my 13 crf250r and after the rebuild it’s not wanting to start, valves are in spec and timing was set properly, any clue what it could be?
|
6/29/2020 12:24pm
Fresh top end rebuild on my 13 crf250r and after the rebuild it’s not wanting to start, valves are in spec and timing was set properly...
Fresh top end rebuild on my 13 crf250r and after the rebuild it’s not wanting to start, valves are in spec and timing was set properly, any clue what it could be?
I'm assuming you have checked that you are getting fuel and spark. I did have a 12 crf450 that after a fresh top it wouldnt fire. I took it apart and one of the cam lobes was slid over too far. The lobe was hitting off center and on the side kind of of the valve bucket. This was causing it to not fully open and wouldnt start. Loosened cam carrier, slid it dead center over the cam bucket and re-torqued. Started right up.
luckyy250rr
6/29/2020 12:28pm
Fresh top end rebuild on my 13 crf250r and after the rebuild it’s not wanting to start, valves are in spec and timing was set properly...
I'm assuming you have checked that you are getting fuel and spark. I did have a 12 crf450 that after a fresh top it wouldnt fire...
I'm assuming you have checked that you are getting fuel and spark. I did have a 12 crf450 that after a fresh top it wouldnt fire. I took it apart and one of the cam lobes was slid over too far. The lobe was hitting off center and on the side kind of of the valve bucket. This was causing it to not fully open and wouldnt start. Loosened cam carrier, slid it dead center over the cam bucket and re-torqued. Started right up.
Yeah I’m getting fuel and spark, I’m gonna go try that an let you know how it goes, thanks buddy

Post a reply to: ‘13 CRF250R starting problems

The Latest