07 CR125r Jetting issues with PWK 38A/S

tsmitty2661
Was fouling plugs like crazy at starting at a 42 pilot till i put a 38 pilot in.

Current Jetting specs that feel like garbage in low end:
Pilot: 35
Air Screw: 3/4 out with spooge out silencer at 30 degrees F
Needle: NOZH
Clip postion: 2 one down
Main: 185

Want to try lowering the float height, even though i set it to spec at 16mm. Any other suggestions why my bottom end would get worse after a fresh rebuild? Everything was torqued to spec, reeds are fine, air filter is clean etc etc
|
digger
Fantasy
3883rd
3/19/2018 9:50am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2018 10:36am
Was fouling plugs like crazy at starting at a 42 pilot till i put a 38 pilot in. Current Jetting specs that feel like garbage in...
Was fouling plugs like crazy at starting at a 42 pilot till i put a 38 pilot in.

Want to try lowering the float height, even though i set it to spec at 16mm. Any other suggestions why my bottom end would get worse after a fresh rebuild? Everything was torqued to spec, reeds are fine, air filter is clean etc etc
What series Air striker carb, screw on top or flat top held on by 2 screws ? What slide # ?

I just sold my Keihin equipped 07' cr125 and could never get my bike to run correctly with that series needle or it's 1/2 clip position richer brother N1Ex series needle.
tsmitty2661
3/19/2018 10:11am
Was fouling plugs like crazy at starting at a 42 pilot till i put a 38 pilot in. Current Jetting specs that feel like garbage in...

digger wrote:
What series Air striker carb, screw on top or flat top held on by 2 screws ? What slide # ? I just sold my Keihin...
What series Air striker carb, screw on top or flat top held on by 2 screws ? What slide # ?

I just sold my Keihin equipped 07' cr125 and could never get my bike to run correctly with that series needle or it's 1/2 clip position richer brother N1Ex series needle.
It has a #7 slide and screw on top version
digger
Fantasy
3883rd
3/19/2018 11:01am
With that carb and slide, set the float level at 16mm, and use a single taper CCK needle in the #4 clip position. Also buy the next leaner diameter CCL needle for summer conditions . For now you'll want to start out with a 52 pilot, and more than likely wind up at a 50 when it warms up, along with a 188 main, you should be right around a 182 or 185 in the summer. Set the air screw at 1.5 turns out to start out with. These are the best setting that I found with needles that are still available.

I was using needles in my 07cr125 that are no longer available, which did make the bike run slightly cleaner than the above setup, but the above jetting was pretty good.

https://www.jetsrus.com/individual_parts/017_463_su.html

https://www.jetsrus.com/individual_parts/017_464_su.html
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/19/2018 11:10am
Did you run the stock Mikuni at all? I'm at 1000ft or so and my CR was running mint before I sold it last year (it was a 134cc).

Stock Mikuni:
430 main
40 pilot
2nd clip
5.75 slide

The Shop

tsmitty2661
3/19/2018 11:14am
seth505 wrote:
Did you run the stock Mikuni at all? I'm at 1000ft or so and my CR was running mint before I sold it last year (it...
Did you run the stock Mikuni at all? I'm at 1000ft or so and my CR was running mint before I sold it last year (it was a 134cc).

Stock Mikuni:
430 main
40 pilot
2nd clip
5.75 slide
Did not run the stock carb. Bought it off a kid with above specs besides the float height which i adjusted back to spec when i rebuilt everything. It was to the point if the bike was leaning on a tree it would overflow gas
tsmitty2661
3/19/2018 11:17am
digger wrote:
With that carb and slide, set the float level at 16mm, and use a single taper CCK needle in the #4 clip position. Also buy the...
With that carb and slide, set the float level at 16mm, and use a single taper CCK needle in the #4 clip position. Also buy the next leaner diameter CCL needle for summer conditions . For now you'll want to start out with a 52 pilot, and more than likely wind up at a 50 when it warms up, along with a 188 main, you should be right around a 182 or 185 in the summer. Set the air screw at 1.5 turns out to start out with. These are the best setting that I found with needles that are still available.

I was using needles in my 07cr125 that are no longer available, which did make the bike run slightly cleaner than the above setup, but the above jetting was pretty good.

https://www.jetsrus.com/individual_parts/017_463_su.html

https://www.jetsrus.com/individual_parts/017_464_su.html
Awesome i will give that a shot, thanks a lot. Just ordered the needles, have the jets already. Could that NOZH needle be making my bike run that rich to where i need 35 pilot with the current set up? I touched everything besides adjusting the float height and changing the needle
digger
Fantasy
3883rd
3/19/2018 11:41am
Awesome i will give that a shot, thanks a lot. Just ordered the needles, have the jets already. Could that NOZH needle be making my bike...
Awesome i will give that a shot, thanks a lot. Just ordered the needles, have the jets already. Could that NOZH needle be making my bike run that rich to where i need 35 pilot with the current set up? I touched everything besides adjusting the float height and changing the needle
How much off idle hesitation(OIH), meaning does the bike bog when you open the throttle quickly from idle with your current setup ?
tsmitty2661
3/19/2018 11:58am
Awesome i will give that a shot, thanks a lot. Just ordered the needles, have the jets already. Could that NOZH needle be making my bike...
digger wrote:
How much off idle hesitation(OIH), meaning does the bike bog when you open the throttle quickly from idle with your current setup ?
It bogged with the 38 then went with the 35. Now I just Kind of hesitates before getting into power and that’s when the spooge started
digger
Fantasy
3883rd
3/19/2018 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2018 2:04pm
It bogged with the 38 then went with the 35. Now I just Kind of hesitates before getting into power and that’s when the spooge started
As soon as I saw your jetting specs I knew your bike was going to have an OIH. You're going the wrong way with the jetting. The bog off idle is caused by a lean condition, and when combine with that NOZx series needle, which has a very short straight section, causes the bike sometimes to bypass the straight section and idle on the 1st taper of the needle, This will cause your cr125 to run both lean and rich on that series needle, especially with the #7 slide. The only thing I ever recommend that series needle to be used for is a pick.
tsmitty2661
3/19/2018 1:36pm
digger wrote:
As soon as I saw your jetting specs I knew your bike was going to have an OIH. You're going the wrong way with the jetting...
As soon as I saw your jetting specs I knew your bike was going to have an OIH. You're going the wrong way with the jetting. The bog off idle is caused by a lean condition, and when combine with that NOZx series needle, which has a very short straight section, causes the bike sometimes to bypass the straight section and idle on the 1st taper of the needle, This will cause your cr125 to run both lean and rich on that series needle, especially with the #7 slide. The only thing I ever recommend that series needle to be used for is a pick.
Lol okay good to know, hopefully the needle gets here before the weekend. I’ll post how it did using your specs above!

Post a reply to: 07 CR125r Jetting issues with PWK 38A/S

The Latest