05-07 KX 250 swingarm compatibility

I have an 05 KX 250 and the chain tensioner bolts seized in to the swingarm on both sides. I tried to drill them out and one side became unusable. I've got 2 options now. New swing arm or use the axle block as a reverse tensioner and thread in a bolt to the axle block to do the same job, but in reverse.

The 05 swingarm is discontinued from Kawi and I can't seem to locate one anywhere. Can anyone confirm the swingarm from a 06-07 is the same width around the crankcases? The outer width of the pivot holes on the swingarm is the same because the frame is the same part number from 05-07. The crankcase are supposed to be the same but the 06-07 have a different crankcase part number and swingarm part number so I'm not sure about the gaps between the frame and crankcase where the pivot bolt goes through.

Anyone ever used axle blocks with a bolt threaded in as a makeshift tensioner?

|
dkurtd
12/26/2018 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2018 7:04pm
I have a 2005 as well and do believe even though they have different part numbers the 06/07 will work. I think if I exhausted all tap/die means to fix those threads I would look at using a RIVNUT (look at the link below). The bolt used is already an M8 so I don't think I would consider tapping to M10, before I did that I would have the holes welded up and re-drilled and tapped back to M8.

https://www.amazon.com/Metric-Plated-Rivnuts-Treaded-Nutsert/dp/B07D5FM…

Post a reply to: 05-07 KX 250 swingarm compatibility

The Latest