03 rm125 piston pic/question

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2019 2:46 PM

Pulled the pipe off my 03 rm125 and took a look at the piston and noticed this little line on the side of the top of the piston, I ran my finger across it and couldn’t feel it. It’s a weisco piston with approx 5-7 hours on it. Should I replace? Photo

|

2/3/2019 2:55 PM

can we get better pics???
it looks like some scaring maybe not proper brake in, i would pull the jug off and check the jug and piston

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

2/3/2019 3:02 PM

Photo
|

2/3/2019 3:06 PM

Engine was Rebuilt by previous owner at a shop. He did the break in, hoping I don’t have to tear it down.

|

2/3/2019 3:13 PM

i would put in a new top and inspect the cylinder for damage, you could more than likely get away with a new piston and a hone
if you run it you will be at risk to blow a whole top end

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

2/3/2019 4:07 PM

Thanks that’s what I’ll do! Thanks for the input.

|

2/3/2019 4:13 PM

i would have your local shop hone it
and check your power valves no make sure they are not scratched, if so hit them with some sand paper as well as the exhaust ports

|

2/3/2019 4:34 PM

Got the bike for a decent deal thought I was doing good haha! I don’t trust myself with engine work so I’ll definetly be taking it to a shop.

|

2/3/2019 4:38 PM

i would learn how to to a top, you will save a bunch of money in the long run and its grate skill
lots of videos on rmatv and you tube

|