03 KTM Transmission FIRST BIKE EVER PLEASE HELP

03ktm
Edited Date/Time 7/1/2020 8:54pm
I've got a 2003 KTM 125sx that is slipping from Neutral into 2nd gear while I still have the clutch pulled in. I just bought the bike last night this problem was never mentioned (obviously) but it does this every time I start the bike. Also id like to say this is the first dirtbike i've ever owned so I don't have any experience with bikes so any friendly, accurate and helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Im guessing its a problem inside the transmission... (im picturing the teeth on the gears being worn down causing this issue) Could anyone please tell me what the problem is, what part (s) I need to buy and lastly would I be better off with individual parts or a complete kit if its one of those situations. Thank You.
|
Layton
6/30/2020 6:10am
Most likely it’s in the shift mechanism. Either #24 wheel is broken or most likely #6 and 11 are gummed up.
You just have to remove the clutch cover and clutch to check this out.

03ktm
7/1/2020 8:54pm
Thanks Layton, Hopefully your right because those prices are pocket change and that never seems to be my luck. Theres NO KTM dealers within 300 miles of me so ive already found a complete transmission for my bike but for now I'll order all 3 parts you suggested. ..... cant hurt.

Post a reply to: 03 KTM Transmission FIRST BIKE EVER PLEASE HELP

The Latest