03 Cr125 Fork Rebuild or Swap

b907
6/11/2018 10:57am
Just jumping on bandwagon of gettin the ole 125 up n running.

Pulled out my old 03 125, was going to respring and valve the forks. I am not sure if that's wasted money as I think I could upgrade to a new style, I think the 02 125 has the single chamber.

What models can I pull from for a dual chamber system, or should I? What would it do to geometry of the bike, or are they all the same length?
|
DPR250R
6/11/2018 3:10pm
I have read a couple people switching to air to save weight. Have no personal experience with the swap but I know you can pick them up cheap.
Jrewing
6/11/2018 3:27pm
DPR250R wrote:
I have read a couple people switching to air to save weight. Have no personal experience with the swap but I know you can pick them...
I have read a couple people switching to air to save weight. Have no personal experience with the swap but I know you can pick them up cheap.
I put my 15 clamps air forks on my 99. saved 1.3kg doing the swap. I like the forks when running a few psi less than standard 450 psi.
b907
6/11/2018 4:42pm
DPR250R wrote:
I have read a couple people switching to air to save weight. Have no personal experience with the swap but I know you can pick them...
I'm really not looking to save weight, more looking to spend my money most efficiently. Repair out dated forks or buy newer forks with new technology in them.
Jrewing
6/11/2018 5:48pm
DPR250R wrote:
b907 wrote:
I'm really not looking to save weight, more looking to spend my money most efficiently. Repair out dated forks or buy newer forks with new technology...
I'm really not looking to save weight, more looking to spend my money most efficiently. Repair out dated forks or buy newer forks with new technology in them.
Air forks are cheap as people on the 450s buy the spring forks from earlier hence a higher price for spring forks. With air you don't need to buy lighter springs to suit the 125. Best option for modern internals and price

The Shop

b907
6/11/2018 7:14pm
DPR250R wrote:
b907 wrote:
I'm really not looking to save weight, more looking to spend my money most efficiently. Repair out dated forks or buy newer forks with new technology...
Jrewing wrote:
Air forks are cheap as people on the 450s buy the spring forks from earlier hence a higher price for spring forks. With air you don't...
Air forks are cheap as people on the 450s buy the spring forks from earlier hence a higher price for spring forks. With air you don't need to buy lighter springs to suit the 125. Best option for modern internals and price
That makes a bit of sense, thanks!

Post a reply to: 03 Cr125 Fork Rebuild or Swap

The Latest