02 CR250R/Keihin PWK cable

omalley
Hello everyone,
I got my 02 build done but I have a cable question. Is there an OE or motion pro cable that works with the PWK carb better than the stock cable? I found the stock one to be a touch short, so I tried running it down the right side of the tank instead. The problem is it catches on the CDI box and I’m just not liking the chances of it causing a stuck throttle.

This got me to thinking that there must be a similar (just a couple inch longer) cable that would let me keep it on the correct size. If anyone knows the part number/source I’d appreciate it. Thanks!
|
H4L
12/2/2017 8:41pm
I ran the stock cable on my 02 with the 00 Keihin PWK with no issues. It was the same routing of the cable from the factory. Maybe look into the 00 CR250r oem calbe to see if it's a little longer than the 02 cable.
omalley
12/3/2017 6:33am
H4L wrote:
I ran the stock cable on my 02 with the 00 Keihin PWK with no issues. It was the same routing of the cable from the...
I ran the stock cable on my 02 with the 00 Keihin PWK with no issues. It was the same routing of the cable from the factory. Maybe look into the 00 CR250r oem calbe to see if it's a little longer than the 02 cable.
Thanks, will do. I’ll double check running it the factory route as well since you were able to, maybe I had it snagged on something.

Post a reply to: 02 CR250R/Keihin PWK cable

The Latest