01 yz 250 pulling hard while in gear then acts like it's not in gear

Toby_Blevins
01 ya 250 will jerk when in gear and letting off clutch it almost popped a wheelie but quit dude to what ever is making it not pull while in gear just jerks bad like it's in and out of gear or I'm pushing clutch in for a sec then letting off fast
|
Paw Paw 271
9/14/2019 8:30am
Check your clutch hub/basket as it sounds like it is notched real bad.

Paw Paw
Toby_Blevins
9/14/2019 12:19pm

Paw Paw
Yup it is ima file it down
Paw Paw 271
9/14/2019 6:43pm
FYI: If you do file it down you could cause uneven pressure points on the basket and cause failure of the clutch fiber plates or the clutch basket. It is best to replace it with new to be safe.

Paw Paw
Toby_Blevins
9/15/2019 12:22pm
FYI: If you do file it down you could cause uneven pressure points on the basket and cause failure of the clutch fiber plates or the...
FYI: If you do file it down you could cause uneven pressure points on the basket and cause failure of the clutch fiber plates or the clutch basket. It is best to replace it with new to be safe.

Paw Paw
I already did clutch is working now.. but first gear is not. I think that is my shifter tho the fork I think is wore out but not sure

The Shop

Toby_Blevins
9/15/2019 12:30pm

Paw Paw
But I'm definitely going get a new one for sure... I have a good method of keeping it even tho it's just a temporary solution.. bike needs work I gave a 100 for it put 500 in it... it needs the head replated soon needs a left side case because my friend did not heat it up and freeze the bearings before installing so it broke a even circular crack in case where they rest I was pissed because I was gone...but fixed it with jb weld lol i got a grand to go to get this bike like new

Post a reply to: 01 yz 250 pulling hard while in gear then acts like it's not in gear

The Latest